Teacher

Type your comment> @cashats said:

I am into m****db as root, but now idk what to do, I already tried a few thing but nothing works :frowning:

Maybe you can find something interesting there :wink:

Type your comment> @rulzgz said:

Type your comment> @cashats said:

I am into m****db as root, but now idk what to do, I already tried a few thing but nothing works :frowning:

Maybe you can find something interesting there :wink:

I got it thanks, wasnā€™t looking in the right place

Hmm anyone can clue in on the hint that everyone is talking about for initial foothold? Tried everything and still unable to find any credentialsā€¦only the m****e login page.

@jattion enumerate, find out about where does every link go, and if one doesnā€™t work, look it properly, it really works but in other wayā€¦

Rooted the box.
Initial foothold and user are pure CTF style. Makes no sense in real world.

For shell: Enumerate, Enumerate
For user: Donā€™t skip anything you see.
I really liked the root.
For root: observe whatā€™s going on in the home directory and look no further.

[Rooted]

Can someone PM on how they managed to get the root shell .

GODAMMIT ā€“ STOP RESETTING THIS BOX!!! THIS IS NOT A BOX THAT NEEDS TO BE RESET!!! COMMON!!! You kick people off their shells and then have to go through everything ALL OVER again because thereā€™s no simple SSH for this one. Cut it out!!! If youā€™re rebooting this box youā€™re WRONG!!!

Iā€™m having so much trouble with getting a shell using the ā€œevilā€ method. Whenever I input my reverse shell command I get nothing back from the server. If anybody could help me out, Iā€™m following the exact directions in the video but I keep not being able to get a shell.

Type your comment> @corabrickdog said:

Iā€™m having so much trouble with getting a shell using the ā€œevilā€ method. Whenever I input my reverse shell command I get nothing back from the server. If anybody could help me out, Iā€™m following the exact directions in the video but I keep not being able to get a shell.

Pm me Iā€™ll help youā€¦

Rooted.
Initial foothold is very CTF like but after that there is an interesting path to root.
Everything you need has already been said in this said but iā€™ll be happy to help.

Big thanks to @ghost0437 for helping me with this box, good learning experience for me

Anyone got a root shell on this box? If yes please pm me, would like to discuss. thanks!

So I finally was able to get a shell with the ā€œevilā€ method, but Iā€™m horrible at privilege escalationā€¦ any nudge would be extremely helpfulā€¦

Finished this box, woo!

Some tips for others working on it:

Foothold: Enumerate and think about what kind of site a school might be using. Google can help you here. When you look at the main site code, files of interest may have comments. Take a closer look, and then figure out how to be an evil teacher.

User: All this content on the site got setup somehowā€¦look for leftovers and follow the trail.

Root: Some interesting files and folders in the userā€™s homeā€¦who owns them and how did they get there?

I looked for almost everywhere but cannot find anything for user. Anybody can help me

Edit:NVM I found user way to root

Iā€™m having trouble with the priv esc to user on box. If anyone would pm me i would be very grateful!

Rooted this box ytd. Do pm me if anyone needs help! I will my best to help. :slight_smile:

can anyone enlighten me how to get that ā– ā– ā– ā–  credentials? :slight_smile:

i cant access to web, what happens?

Type your comment> @portos060474 said:

can anyone enlighten me how to get that ā– ā– ā– ā–  credentials? :slight_smile:

Enumerate every page properlyā€¦ ?