ServMon

@zaphoxx, when you find passwords try them everywhere and with everyone!

Been trying to get root for the past few hours. Every ~20min someone reboots the box, this is ridiculous. Itā€™s either super slow because someone is bruteforcing it (not necessary) or someone is rebooting it for no reason. The last step is a joke with a lot of people doing the same thing at the same time and breaking each otherā€™s steps. Sighā€¦

Type your comment> @marlasthemage said:

@zaphoxx, when you find passwords try them everywhere and with everyone!

nvm, i did the same things again and now it worked immediately. thx anyways

I have explained in the discord HTB group already about this. This box is not a simple follow CVE. Please read the manual. There are methods to achieve what you need without said service. Reading the docs explains so much more. Thank you

Type your comment> @gu4r15m0 said:

Canā€™t get it to work, and the service keeps crashing, plus all the resetsā€¦
I guess Iā€™ll try again down the week.

PM me if youā€™re still stuck

I believe all the resets are caused by people following a certain set of steps found in a popular websiteā€¦

Those steps are NOT accurate in this case, and cause issues.

Before you follow them, take a minute to look around. You will see that some steps are inaccurate, and some are just not necessary at all.

The number of concurrent users should not be a problem, if things are done properly.

Happy to help/contrast/compare/verify :slight_smile:

Someone help me to exploit the vulnerability to increase privileges, Iā€™m trying to schedule the execution of my payload but it doesnā€™t work, Iā€™m already in the last step for the shell system, help!

Rooted. Personally, I think that this box is good to learn some basic concepts, nothing more.
User: maybe what seems to be empty is hiding something. Maybe you can go in other places, just try.
Root: read the configuration file to bypass the 403 and then follow searchsploit.

Rooted, finally. I have used the service to do it. Hardest part was messing around with said service with so many people changing things at the same time. I have tried other ways to root it but failed them all. It was fun, as a beginner pentester.

Finally resetting dudes gone and root.

C:\Users\Administrator>whoami && hostname
whoami && hostname
nt authority\system
ServMon

I found two file in ftp server but I could not get any info out of them i tried to use type to read but no luck. Any help !

Type your comment> @N00p said:

I found two file in ftp server but I could not get any info out of them i tried to use type to read but no luck. Any help !

// Using ā€œgetā€ to download the file into your local system.

Type your comment> @iriniu said:

I tried before it says access denied

try mget *

// PM u.

nice box
thank you @dmw0ng.

Oops! Said too much?!
Rooted

Team,

I have user.txt and working rather diligently on root. I have the password for the ++ service, however, I have absolutely no clue where to go next. Any advice would be fabutastic. Also, I am getting that 403 under https!

Not all details are properly documented in the CVE, thereā€™s another way to do it without web gui. Read the docs.

Type your comment> @W4rF4ther said:

Team,

I have user.txt and working rather diligently on root. I have the password for the ++ service, however, I have absolutely no clue where to go next. Any advice would be fabutastic. Also, I am getting that 403 under https!

check the file you have ++ and you need to look through Tunnel vision