Retro - Stegno

I think I’m on the right track here. I understand what the audio represents and I’ve done something with a popular stego sound analyzer. Looks like a binary representation. Hope I’m not falling into a rabbit hole here…

Spoiler Removed

@franpen said:
I think I’m on the right track here. I understand what the audio represents and I’ve done something with a popular stego sound analyzer. Looks like a binary representation. Hope I’m not falling into a rabbit hole here…

May be in rabbit hole…

@jowinchemban said:
Tool : turgen_system-8.6.10 for processing the .wav file…

Details Ping @ twitter https://www.twitter.com/jowinchemban

Then,

strings for the #

@master41 said:
Has anyone been able to accomplish this on Kali Linux? I’ve identified a tool I think should work, but I haven’t been able to install it to my Kali VM successfully.

Not Kali, but I finished it on Parrot Sec OS no problem, which is very similar. If you have the right program, you should be able to complete it. The problem is finding that program, which is why I’m not a fan of this challenge.

@jowinchemban said:
May be in rabbit hole…

Oops… Ok… I’ll try what you said then.

Spoiler Removed

Could someone PM me a hint? Having trouble with what settings to use in Turgen System.

Type your comment> @Scalpel said:

Could someone PM me a hint? Having trouble with what settings to use in Turgen System.

Same! I’ve tried dozens (maybe more) permutations

EDIT: Thanks @xMrR0b0t for helping me get this lunacy. My only tip is to try “fusing” the wav file together. Do that and you’ll be back in the 80s

Type your comment> @jowinchemban said:

@deda1mraz said:
Can somebody help me with software, Linux or Windows, I understand challenge idea but can’t fine SW to decode sound file. Tnx

binwalk , strings [Linux]
turgen_system-8.6.10 for processing the .wav file… [Windows]

Hack The Box

Thanks for the hint. I was trying C64 tapes. You point me in the right direction.

Can someone please send me some help. I have Turgen but nothing I do seems to work. I get it to output pulses, but does not output anything binary for me to look at.

Could I get a hint on how to extract the files? I have tried a few tools, but could not crack it… Thanks :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @ZerkerEOD said:

Can someone please send me some help. I have Turgen but nothing I do seems to work. I get it to output pulses, but does not output anything binary for me to look at.

Same boat…

Type your comment> @GibParadox said:

Type your comment> @ZerkerEOD said:

Same boat…

I was able to get it, but you have to just keep playing with the settings until it just works haha. Couldn’t figure out a way to get the settings just by looking at it.

Got it!
Thanks!

Type your comment> @jowinchemban said:

Tool : turgen_system-8.6.10 for processing the .wav file…

thx for hint got it

Can’t figure out how to get this ■■■■ program to work right.

In the meantime, this challenge is taking me back to the 90s…Volkswagen Commercial - Da Da Da (1997) - YouTube

I think I’m missing some key understanding of the technology. Should I be seeing Cne characters at all after decoding the .wav?

PM me if it is too much of a hint.

no need for a windows box with this one… wine will get where you need to go.