OpenAdmin

Hello,

I’ve access to user2 private key but haven’t found anywhere the passphrase linked to the key.

So I managed to get access access to user2 through a reverse shell, but when I try to execute the command that user2 has to use to go further, I got a sudo error.

I’d like to know if I have to access user2 via SSH witch means finding the passphrase.

@abdoucoul said:

Hello,

I’ve access to user2 private key but haven’t found anywhere the passphrase linked to the key.

So I managed to get access access to user2 through a reverse shell, but when I try to execute the command that user2 has to use to go further, I got a sudo error.

I’d like to know if I have to access user2 via SSH witch means finding the passphrase.

I’d love to know how you got a shell as the second named user - that seems really hard.

Getting a passphrase out of a private key is fairly trivial by comparison, there are tools for it built into Kali.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@abdoucoul said:

Hello,

I’d love to know how you got a shell as the second named user - that seems really hard.

Getting a passphrase out of a private key is fairly trivial by comparison, there are tools for it built into Kali.

I finally rooted my first box !

Thanks

@abdoucoul said:

I finally rooted my first box !

Thanks

Nice work!

Pwned. All in all, fun box.

PM for hints.

why do people alter needed files grrrrr, have to reset for the php-file since it now contains a python reverse shell instead of the needed “cat” :slight_smile:

curl part : Permission denied for the c** any nudge?

Also having issues when trying to go the gym, nudge would be appreciated!

Anyone got this when trying to get root with 2nd user?
PERM_ROOT: setresuid(0, -1, -1): Operation not permitted
unable to initialize policy plugin

This box was really fun, and taught me a few things I didn’t know about curling locally.

If you want help, pm me

good box for begginers
shell-easy
user-easy
user2-thanks @rholas for nudge (user1: you are somewhere do something there)
root-easy

Hi everyone,

I got the second user by ssh but i’m not sure about password getting from the key, it didn’t work for ssh or su.

What i have to do with this password ?

Type your comment> @abdoucoul said:

Hello,

@abdoucoul said:
Hello,

Did you also got: PERM_ROOT: setresuid(0, -1, -1): Operation not permitted ?

@13FPS said:

curl part : Permission denied for the c** any nudge?

@Jebby said:

Also having issues when trying to go the gym, nudge would be appreciated!

Make sure you are pointing at the correct location.

@Jown said:

Hi everyone,

I got the second user by ssh but i’m not sure about password getting from the key, it didn’t work for ssh or su.

What i have to do with this password ?

As a rule of thumb, if a password is for an SSH key, you need to use that password to unlock the SSH key.

If you are looking for a password for an SSH private key, you probably need to get it from the key rather than somewhere else.

Rooted!!

Service Level and Users 1 were fairly easy.

User 2 I spent a lot of time on–my achilles heel is that I often spend a lot of time reading and sifting through stuff when the answer is right there–wish I knew how to fix that…:frowning:
User 2 made me feel like I was taking OSCP exam and re-running / re-reading stuff and going nowhere.

Root was super easy.

At last I rooted it!

Took me more than I care to admit.
Getting to the second j***** user took me all the time, the initial foothold is pretty easy with some googling and rooting is known gtfo stuff.
I liked it, probably my favorite box so far.

got user2 thanks to @8balla

working on my first root on htb!

IF you have this error, make sure to have a good direct shell :slight_smile:
PERM_ROOT: setresuid(0, -1, -1): Operation not permitted
unable to initialize policy plugin

Rooted the box!

Could anyone help me with the shell syntax please? I’ve tried all the advice on here with and still just get no response just a blank $.