Official Tabby Discussion

Come on, guys. Don’t reset the machine unnecessarily.

@Karthik0x00 yes absolutely i was gonna say the same .Totally unnecessary

I learned a lot on this one! Thanks @egre55 !

Foothold: frustrating, but the hints in this thread should be enough for first part
for second part, there can be multiple ways to get your file up there…
User: enum, find that file… you already found Tom, now poke around Jerry :wink:
Root: easiest part, just follow along, sometimes you want to be stuck in a box
+thanks for the box @egre55 , and to those who nudged me

Type your comment> @n00baaa said:

Stop on the road of guessing t*****-u****.x**, can someone provide a little help?
Please PM me,thanks!

root it,Thanks to those who helped me!

root@tabby:~# whoami && id && hostname
root
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
tabby
root@tabby:~#

Feel free to ask me for nudges

Finally rooted!

Foothold: Yes, you should be looking for that file. However, it might not be in the folder you expect it to. What is the easiest way to install something?
User: Some basic enum, what you are looking for was hiding in plain sight from the start.
Root: Again, the answer is the first or second thing you usually check for + some googling. You might run into some errors but just try harder.

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

Really awesome Box, learned a lot! :smile:
Thanks to @egre55 ! <3

I wasted about three hours, I overlooked one little Detail! But that’s the Game :dizzy:

Hint: stop resetting it, don’t panic and don’t abuse your enum scripts too much! Instead OPEN YOUR EYES!
Somtimes it’s important to imagine how the Remote Machine could look like… Think about how you achieve it on YOUR side :wink:

Rooted ! i learnt some new stuff about t***** :slight_smile:

some hints without spoiling much…

foothold: its just in front of you, take a deep breath, look for all the details and once you are on the right track just google where to search for that piece of info in case you dont know where :wink:

user: something bad happend lets crack it !

root: really straightforward as hinted before is one of the very first things you do if not the first

“Worst” part for me was the foothold (in terms of time spent on it) but just because i wanted to hurry it instead of taking it slow.

Really nice box, thanks @egre55

If any1 needs some nudge feel free to ask :wink:

I don’t understand what to do after getting h***-m****** creds

Type your comment> @dhruvarora said:

I don’t understand what to do after getting h***-m****** creds

look what he is able too

Can somebody give me a nudge for root? I am so close to it, im just having some syntax issues.

Edit:
Got root, interesting machine.

Can someone nudge toward getting a shell/next steps once on the h…-m… page…?

i tried finding w… files and uploading but no luck

thanks

another brick wall after getting through the login after finding the file.
It seems that we only have a role for vh? any nudges?

Can someone give me a nudge in PM. I am stuck, I only have 3 port discovered and try everything I had on tomcat. I know I have to read a file but how. And what is the L** thingy?

Rooted this machine. Foothold is tricky. Learnt a bunch about t**c*t and new priviesc. Easy machine.
My hints:
-----Foothold: The docs given in the webpage is not enough. It’s better to run it locally.
-----User: Enumerate where you landed and it’s in front of you.
-----Root: Check where you’re at additionally. Google FU. Root can be done in under 3 minutes.

Thanks for the box creator @egre55 .
PM for cryptic nudges.

Good night, I’m trying to privilege scalation, but I get an error (Error: open)

Stuck on getting shell after getting creds for h***-m******, would appreciate any nudges/hints.
Thanks!

Edit: Finally got root. Learned a lot about t****t with this one… Thanks to @syro for the nudge

Type your comment> @White43 said:

Stuck on getting shell after getting creds for h***-m******, would appreciate any nudges/hints.
Thanks!

Same boat here. Any nudges would be greatly appreciated.

Finally rooted after few days?