Hint for Waldo

@johnybaba said:
Can anyone help me out with waldo machine? Please PM me for the hints for gain normal user access. Thanks.

Check how list works.

@LordRNA said:

@johnybaba said:
Can anyone help me out with waldo machine? Please PM me for the hints for gain normal user access. Thanks.

Check how list works.

While adding a new list, we can add some data. But whatever I am storing, in burp response it shows there but in the browser it shows nothing.

Holy cow. Finally got the user and root flag. Shoutout to @ZaphodBB for the hints that got me through the small hurdle. As a Linux user for years, there’s always something new to learn as this box revealed. What a ride!

@r0pSteev said:
hava a look at this website How to Bypassing Filter to Traversal Attacks ? | Hacking & Tricks

great post here.

Could anyone PM me for root ? I’m currently logged in as m*****r . Found interesting files in ap*-**v directory. Cannot figure out a way to root.

Hi, I got user. But I can’t work out how to escape the rterm, logged in as n****y

Okay, I got out of that restriction, and into another, and out of that, but now I’m reaaaaaly stuck

this should come in handy for anyone needing to remove newline and escape characters in a file they might hypothetically find somewhere:

cat dirty_file | sed 's/\\n/\n/g' | sed 's/\\//g' > clean_file

@s1k said:
this should come in handy for anyone needing to remove newline and escape characters in a file they might hypothetically find somewhere:

cat dirty_file | sed 's/\\n/\n/g' | sed 's/\\//g' > clean_file

nice little action there, had to do it manually.

oh ■■■■!

I keep getting this when trying to use the file that has extra hacker capabilities…

*pts/0���[�
pts/0ts/0monitor127.0.0.1���[C�$

when I have @#$@_read_search I don’t understand why I can’t read what i’m trying to read…

@drUIdmoz said:
oh ■■■■!

I keep getting this when trying to use the file that has extra hacker capabilities…

*pts/0���[�
pts/0ts/0monitor127.0.0.1���[C�$

when I have @#$@_read_search I don’t understand why I can’t read what i’m trying to read…

I am getting it too don’t worry I think we just need to try harder.

Alright I want a nudge. I have broken out of jail and updated for proper exports. I am unable to get l**r working even with modified see. I am not finding anything capable of reading the file I want despite checking all of the bins. Please PM me a small hint.

Never mind got it. Not sure how I missed that earlier.

PM for a root nudge if you find yourself pacing around the bottom of a dumpster.

rooted!

Any tips for user? I am playing with BS but i can’t seem to read anything worth looking at and pretty stuck atm. pms are welcome

PM me if you need some help on this.

@Calvo said:
Any tips for user? I am playing with BS but i can’t seem to read anything worth looking at and pretty stuck atm. pms are welcome

Take a look how lists work.

rooted, a good enumeration is the key in all steps towards root

feel free to PM for hints

Finally got it rooted - very simple once you know what you are doing. Look into the commands you have available is my best piece of advice. If anyone would like any hints then drop me a PM.

Unmasked Waldo’s root! Thnx for the help!