Dab

I think I got the right port for s*********. but seems I couldn’t add any data to it… got similar response “Suspected hacking attempt detected”. Can I have some small hint? thank you. PM.

Hello.
Could you give tips?
I’m learning.
I scanned this machine and I found four open ports.
I connect to an service that there is a file, cause I think it could have a hidden files or directory, but don’t.
I tried BF on the login page, but I didnt have success.
And there is a page that speek about cookies, but the sessions dont have cookies.
I’m lost.
About what should I search and learn for this machine?
Thank you.

First time I encountered a box where something like this was necessary for privesc… Refreshing to get away from mostly web-centric stuff tho. Nice box.

i will apreciate som hint to get user
i found the creds for login
found the cookies and also interact with s***** end get intersting respond “hacking detected” and i think it a way to get rce but i can’t find a wy to do that
anybody can help me

can someone pm me i think im on the right track for privesc, swapped the thing for my own thing to be called by the thing but not working because of S**D??

Edit- rooted thanks snowscan learnt loads getting this flag

got it. tnxs raiden99 for the hint, thou it took me time to figure it out but, it is worth it. learned a lot… tnxs to machine creator snowscan.

Hello, going for user.txt and I’m completely stuck for now. I logged in, got some users info, but I couldn’t bypass the commands filtering on the interface. Any hints ?

@dxaxpanda said:
Hello, going for user.txt and I’m completely stuck for now. I logged in, got some users info, but I couldn’t bypass the commands filtering on the interface. Any hints ?

DM

Looking in my socks I found some stocks, but nothing I hadn’t seen in a shop before. Anyone got suggested reading for digging further?

@Tim0x01 said:
Looking in my socks I found some stocks, but nothing I hadn’t seen in a shop before. Anyone got suggested reading for digging further?

Keep leaving and returning to the store while looking at your socks and something else will pop up.

Fantastic box, learned a heap getting user, now for root.

Thanks for the nudge @fjv

Need help with user: I am at the place where we can interact/debug with the box but cannot avoid the filter to achieve anything useful.
I did get credentials to login and have used them but can’t see anything else.

PM/hint welcomed.

What a journey rolf, I learned a lot btw, amazing box, thanks to the creator :3 … my littles advices for the journey:

For user: Keep playing hard but keep your cookie maanster as simple as possible :3
For root: Just enumerate… dont fell in love with the first thing that you’ll see… I did… :cry:

Cheers!

I am Stuck at the TCP Socket Test… How do I get the login credentials from the TCP Socket test…??

Spoiler Removed - egre55

Need help on privelege escalation … Try_harder seems a dead end as same aplies for myexec :frowning:

Finally got root after banging my head for 5-6 hrs… :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say… Wendell’s password…

\m/ (>.<) \m/

Edit: Got user. PM for any help for user.

I found a interesting service running internally into Dab server named mc***
but as much as I try to retrieve any useful data I still get only:

Output

END

If at least that service give me the name of some user I could try to bruteforce with this…
Can anyone send me a nudge ? Thanks !

Hack The Box