What do you call the person who fills in when your teacher is sick? hint hint

perfect hint. (rofl)

@Arrexel said:

“Sucker” ??

:slight_smile:

@Arrexel said:

It really depends on the region, according to Wikipedia, some places call them “substitute teacher”, others “supply teacher”, “relief teacher”, “teacher on call” etc. rsrsrs

@JChris said:

@Arrexel said:

It really depends on the region, according to Wikipedia, some places call them “substitute teacher”, others “supply teacher”, “relief teacher”, “teacher on call” etc. rsrsrs

#YOU R VERY close…

list = [substitute,supply,relief]

for i in list:

print i+" cipher" #Google it each one ....

print “DONE”

@Agent22 said:

@JChris said:

@Arrexel said:

#YOU R VERY close…

list = [substitute,supply,relief]

for i in list:

print i+" cipher" #Google it each one ....

print “DONE”

Dude… in the end I was doing the right thing, it was indeed a simple task, I did a 360 and ended up in the same place, but now I finally got it right. I didn’t use any tool, I was looking at the sentences and doing the work by hand, maybe I got something wrong on the first try, but I finally did it. \o/

What was a big hint for me was the “JIWZHMC118”, as I’ve seen this pattern here on HTB before :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks everyone.

ahmed top users :mrgreen:
i am decode all encoded text bt my flag not work :bawling:

@b4nna said:
ahmed top users :mrgreen:
i am decode all encoded text bt my flag not work :bawling:

Key is ur FLAG …

hahaaha me forget to use HTB{flag} :mrgreen:

– ignore me –

Just testing if signature is working… The script one won’t work, just image :frowning:

First of all, you should look at “JIWZHMC118”, then try to search on HTB site something connected with 118 in the name (1st hint).
After that you can use helpful website http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/cryptogram.php
Remember, that first thought is always the best. Don’t look for so andvanced idea to decode this.

@Ruster said:
First of all, you should look at “JIWZHMC118”, then try to search on HTB site something connected with 118 in the name (1st hint).
After that you can use helpful website http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/cryptogram.php
Remember, that first thought is always the best. Don’t look for so andvanced idea to decode this.

Dude, this topic was resolved already xD

Take a look at my post here (Crypto > Sick Teacher - #8 by JChris - Challenges - Hack The Box :: Forums)

Indeed, the “JIWZHMC118” is a very special one and I did use it.

need help, i tried 0 - 26 cipher caesar, i search whant all htb site about JIWZHMC118 and no find nothing. I applied the cipher in different words, almost all of txt and one by one separated, with no results … could someone give me a light?

@Cl0wn said:
need help, i tried 0 - 26 cipher caesar, i search whant all htb site about JIWZHMC118 and no find nothing. I applied the cipher in different words, almost all of txt and one by one separated, with no results … could someone give me a light?

There’s a tool that I find very useful when trying to break/analyze crypto… Called CryptoTool or JCryptoTool, depending on which you can find. Both have great visualization/cryptanalysis features. Check them out.

Can someone DM me about how to submit the flag for this? I was able to decrypt the message. Tried to submit the key and threw it in the format HTB{key}. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Read the challenge desc. Needs to be submitted in the correct case

I have tried the flag and the key in low, upper, inside HTB{}, outside HTB{} but nothing works.

Any hints?

@syserror said:
I have tried the flag and the key in low, upper, inside HTB{}, outside HTB{} but nothing works.

Any hints?

HTB{flaginlowercasewithoutspace}

May I message someone about this Challenge? I have the plain, I feel like I’m just messing up the formatting, if not, I’d prefer no hint!

shoot