Dev0Ops Privilege Esc ?

Ok anyone wants to discuss this machine I feel like what worked for privesc couple of hours ago isn’t working now not sure if I did something wrong or got root by mistake

@T3jv1l said:
Hi all i need little bit help with this priv esc , i run enumerate tool i found more command but i dont know what should i do

You dont seem to be do a single box without asking for a hint, help, or some stupid answer do you?

help me out i m able to able to get user

Fun machine, thanks @lokori

I got user flag without a reverse shell. I am not sure how to get a reverse shell to priv esc, any hint?

@underd0g read some more files. You don’t need to guess arbitrary filenames in this case :slight_smile:

@lokori said:
@underd0g read some more files. You don’t need to guess arbitrary filenames in this case :slight_smile:

thanks, I found my way in. It was a technique I always used but for some reason I was blinded lol thanks

@cdf123 said:
Box name is a great hint as well.

Well I found something weird

For others like me who think that the tool on the box is failing. I had to watch my scroll bar in my console because it didn’t look like I could scroll down, but I could.

I’d really appreciate a PM . Reviewed present and past with no ideas

Goot r00t!!! Took longer than it should I was over thinking things.

Got root. That was a fun box, took learning new things. PM if you need help.

@lokori said:
You shouldn’t rely on automated enumeration scripts. Research the machine on your own.

Anyone have some good reading material for priv esc on linux? Keen to read and learn

Rooted!! Nice box!!

Got root, historic box!

@shane2483 Basic Linux Privilege Escalation - g0tmi1k

@godexmachine said:

Thanks mate, Ive got user. Been trying at this root for a couple of days now. I have found certain logs but have no idea what to do with it all.

@shane2483 said:

@godexmachine said:

Thanks mate, Ive got user. Been trying at this root for a couple of days now. I have found certain logs but have no idea what to do with it all.

Imagine you’re just a systems administrator, not a pentester. What would you do to figure out just how badly the user messed up in deployment? How could you trace steps?

Thanks everyone I got root… If anyone needs help im happy to help

I’ve obtained a user shell and have been looking through the logs/history but have been unable to identify anything that could escalate to root…

I have a shell on 2 users… can anyone give me a nudge into the right place? or PM me?