Eternal Loop -Misc - only bruteforce

@nns2009

I believe he meant the one after that.

@nns2009 said:

@drtychai said:

@dispareo said:
I don’t remember a teste.zip file in this… but you only need to crack the final zip after looping through … whatever else… is in there beforehand. You can “guess” whatever other passwords you need before that.

“Guess” as in brute force? I’m having trouble getting past the first password protected zip :confused:

Do you mean the very first password protected script, the one you download from hackthebox? You are supposed to open it without guessing. Reread the challenge description

I mean the first one, after you unzip the downloaded chall

@d4rk3r said:
@nns2009

I believe he meant the one after that.

I wanted to believe this too…

I’m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file? Any help?

@Sanduuz said:
I’m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file?
Nothing special

@nns2009 said:

@Sanduuz said:
I’m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file?
Nothing special

What you mean nothing special? It’s probably that the clock is 2am and my brains don’t work. Please help.

Nevermind, I just realized I have a corrupt file…

Finally, managed to complete it! Thanks for everyone.

Sanduuz can you help me for the last event

@Sanduuz said:
Finally, managed to complete it! Thanks for everyone.

Sanduuz can you help me for the last event

Got hung up on the script loop but finally got it. Fun challenge!

@Sanduuz said:
Nevermind, I just realized I have a corrupt file…

Quality content and family fun - the HTB forums for when you’re feeling down and need someone to make you giggle.

Is this file corrupt? I have downloaded the zip and extracted the contents using the default hackthebox password. However, my fcrack and john doesn’t want to handle that file.

sh: 1: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Did I corrupt my system?

@magnus, John and fcrack are useless here. Start with strings or xxd then use that hint and refer to the challenge name.

Really trying to figure out a way to make this extraction scripted. If anyone is willing to give a little nudge into the right direction, it would be much appreciated. I know a bit about scripting, but not too much yet and I think this can help me learn so much more again :slight_smile:

@SnakeMind said:
Really trying to figure out a way to make this extraction scripted.

I baked something in bash, it isn’t pretty but got what I wanted :joy:

Anyone want to give me a hint on the last file here? I scripted my way down to what I THINK is the last zip file but when I try to crack it with a common zip file cracker I get a bunch of false positives from a commonly used word list.

Edit: never mind, it turns out that using the right options with a popular zip file cracker really makes a big difference! :wink: Anyone want to suggest to me what to do with the db contained therein?

…and I got it!

How many zip files in hear?

guys i cant crack with john !!
"No password hashes left to crack " i cant fix it , any help would be great !

@stormy said:
guys i cant crack with john !!
"No password hashes left to crack " i cant fix it , any help would be great !

Try a different tool for cracking the filetype you are working with. A literal google search should get you where you need to go.

If anyone needs a nudge feel free to PM me