Deceitful Batman Challenge

Seem to be having the same problem here, Won’t let me submit the flag and ive tried every way i can now -.-

Nevermind, I was going full retard, which no one should ever do!

Does somebody have the article or know of an equivalent @dotan3 gave? I tried to go there but the site seems down and it seems like a great thing to read…

Nevermind, solved it. Found this thanks to the hints: huntakillerwiththebau.com

@L04D3R said:
Does somebody have the article or know of an equivalent @dotan3 gave? I tried to go there but the site seems down and it seems like a great thing to read…

archive.org does. I came back for this the link because of another challenge.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171107001519/http://practicalcryptography.com/cryptanalysis/text-characterisation/identifying-unknown-ciphers/

@haggy said:
look at the input field.

“Flag format: HTB{s0m3_t3xt}”

I got confused there too, but yeah you should be able to figure it out now.

Underscore - noted.
Flag format is in lowercase but the description says that “(The flag is in uppercase)”. So, what is the correct case?

I also tried to submit many variations of relevant words from Wikipedia but none of them worked so far. Am I supposed to try many variations for this challenge?

I tried to submit the following words in uppercase separated with ‘_’ (I only write the first letter and length for each word so not to spoil):
A4_N6
N6_A4
A4_W7_N6
A4_W7_N6_C9
A6_B6
B6_A6
A6_P10
A6_T8_C5_P10
… and many other

Update: I found that there is an ambiguity. I also tried word combinations with J5 but none of them worked as well.

I don get it. I got the text but can`t submit the flag…

Would someone please tell me how to submit the text. I tryed it with HTB{TEXT} but it dose not work…

The description is saying in uppercase, so i did it. I tryed to split the words with a “_” but it dose not work.

Or am I wrong and the text is not the flag?

@arres said:
I don get it. I got the text but can`t submit the flag…

Would someone please tell me how to submit the text. I tryed it with HTB{TEXT} but it dose not work…

The description is saying in uppercase, so i did it. I tryed to split the words with a “_” but it dose not work.

Or am I wrong and the text is not the flag?

It seems that you need to start googling from what you have in the flag, but as I previously wrote, I wasn’t able to submit flag myself so far

Pm me if you want. I solved this a few days ago and didn’t have any issues submitting the flag. Only change needed was the case as mentioned in challenge description

Thank you AgentTrio, I was blind^^

@nns2009 said:
It seems that you need to start googling from what you have in the flag, but as I previously wrote, I wasn’t able to submit flag myself so far

Ignore my message. One of the flags I submitted turned out to be the correct one even though I always got “Incorrect flag” message. After page refresh challenge is marked as completed. Might be a system bug.

@arres said:
Thank you AgentTrio, I was blind^^

Don’t worry about it. You were one of a few that were over complicating things.

wow, @dotan3 thank you for your help, i would have never known and never completed this

I got the flag but I cant manage to submit it what am I doing wrong!!!

completed this challenge if need any help feel free to pm :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed this challenge. @dotan3 gave a great link that answers everything needed.

There is a bit of trolling

Fun challenge to get you going with understanding ciphers.
This site gives you more insight on the different ciphers
http://practicalcryptography.com/cryptanalysis/text-characterisation/identifying-unknown-ciphers/

edit: the link was already shared by @dotan3 :+1:

After trying every possibility I could think of, there was obviously one more cipher out there…

Hint: the length of the ciphertext is divisible by 5 :wink:

Type your comment> @dmcxblue said:

I got the flag but I cant manage to submit it what am I doing wrong!!!

I had the same issue and it took me ~15 minutes to realize that the flag includes some additional text. Read the flag itself and only include the flag :slight_smile: