Olympus

Box took me a while (and a little push) but finally got root, was a great learning experience overall. If anyone needs some help, feel free to shoot me a pm here or on MM

Hello, just finished the machine. I learnt a lot, thumbs up for the machine maker. The only thing I disliked was the guessing part. I actually needed some help on there. It would be awesome if you could remake this machine and trade the guessing part with some other real case study, it was a bit CTF like.
@OscarAkaElvis

That was a ■■■■ of a box, fun though!

My hint for getting user and getting past the cap part: If you can decrypt the traffic and read it, you have enough information to move on. Review the intel you’ve acquired.

This is my favourite box so far. Thanks to @OscarAkaElvis.

im having a lot of fun with the box. right now stuck on on rhodes. not really sure where to go on from here. any one got any tips?

Ok. I got into Olympia. I dont know what to do next. The help from the gods isnt very helpful. I am assuming I have to brute force for the next step. Am I in the right direction?

i meant i am stuck in the same place h4ck3d5p4c3 is

Ok I figured out rhodes but the gods till arent helping me yet lol Need root flag hint!

Got initial foothold to the machine then decrypted .cap file , got one info from it , but now i don’t know how to move on so any hints will be greatly appreciated . Thank you

I finally figured it all out… Probably one of my favorite boxes to date! very challenging and I definitely learned a lot!! Thank you @OscarAkaElvis

very good job to the creator of this machine. this was very fun. had me stumped for a while on dns part but i got some help and achieved root not long after.

hi everyone,
i get access to this box found cpa file i decrypt it and read i found one thing;
have i to connect to or whats next any hint for me

@bmanc42 said:
very good job to the creator of this machine. this was very fun. had me stumped for a while on dns part but i got some help and achieved root not long after.

Hi am also stumped on the DNS part. It feels like there is a technique needed that I don’t know/have. Any tips via PM would be very much appreciated

Great Box. well created and designed :smiley: just rooted

Can anyone PM regarding moving past the cap file? Thanks

Wow, rooting this thing was truly the quickest and easiest part.

@simonrdavies said:

@bmanc42 said:

Hi am also stumped on the DNS part. It feels like there is a technique needed that I don’t know/have. Any tips via PM would be very much appreciated

All the information you need is in the hint. Look at some things you might do to acquire information during a pentest.

I know what to do with DNS, but don’t know one of the parameter I have to use (whcih should be based on the info collected from the cap). Some said this was more CTF-like and not really tech. For the love of God (excuse the pun), can’t figure out how to move on. Any hep is appreciated

Can someone PM me, I try something on crete, but kept getting RST. halpz

I have a question about getting the user flag. Should I be able to get it after getting a shell on the box initially?