Official BountyHunter Discussion

I am not really sure what is going on with this discussion. It is on the edge of being inappropriate for a discussion around a specific box.

In general, if you feel someone is cheating then reporting it to the HTB team is probably the best approach (I don’t know, maybe a Direct Message to one of the admins on here or on discord). I only really get involved around the forums and behaviour here.

It is probably not a sensible thing to accuse people in general threads, because it is going to be pretty difficult to prove.

While I don’t want people to think I’ve taken a side here, I don’t know where the accusation has come from. There isn’t anything strange on @sharkmoos profile that I can see.

I don’t see any examples of “12 challenges in a minute”, or anything that seems unusual.

I’d also be cautious around assuming the same username is the same person on different platforms. Although in this instance it does look strange that the sharkmoos account on Raidforums appears to have vanished. I’d still be very wary of using that as evidence they are the same person and that it means cheating has happened.

For example, how did you know that the account was posting in HTB discussions on Raidforums?

It’s a very dangerous path to head down. Raidforums has a lot more than the HTB board (and most people working in any CTI type role will use it a lot). If you think people checking out threads there are automatically cheating, then you can only find out they are cheating by cheating yourself.

tl;dr - keep the thread focused on the box or posts will be deleted in future.

1 Like