Official Knife Discussion

Solid box.
DM for nudges.

I solved the box, if someone got a reverse shell or like any kind of interactive tty please contact me and tell me how you did it

Ahh, restarted my shell and was able to get the command to finally execute.

Finally rooted! And feel so dumb to have struggled with this for so long.

User: Try a different tool if you typically use nmap. nmap shows a lot but you get something specific if you use a different tool(From what I found. Could also be using options for nmap that wouldn’t show it).

Root: Struggled with this for way to long. Check out what you can do on the machine and then do some research on what your findings can do on the machine.

Thank you to the comments and those who helped me as this was my second box. If need help, DM me.

Got my Root, the hardest part of this box is probably just the initial foot hold with how “little” is given to you.

FootHold: ENUM, use all the tools and you should find something you can work with.

User: Tired of forgetting your password? Never have to enter again with this simple solution!

Root: read the docs, when you find it it’s pretty in your face.

Feel free to DM if stuck.

Please give me a hint. I got the user’s shell, but I can’t become root.
I think I can use k*e ec, but I’m stuck there.

Type your comment> @Joeljp said:

Please give me a hint. I got the user’s shell, but I can’t become root.
I think I can use k*e ec, but I’m stuck there.

You are on the right track.
I found the online documentation easier to read regarding what to do.

Can anyone give me a nudge or check my k*e ec code, pretty sure I am super close to root but getting no input file specified, and whenever I actually get one working nothing is returned in the shell I have. Must be missing something very small here.

Rooted!
Easy box, not at the beginning… You enumerate a lot and find nothing… When you discover some services and search on Google the light at the end of the tunnel is found. If you need help you can give it a nudge via PV.

Enraizada!
Caixa fácil, não no começo…Você enumera bastante e não acha nada…Ao descobrir alguns serviços e pesquisar no Google a luz no fim do túnel é encontrada. Se precisar de ajuda pode dar uma cutucada via PV.

#RECIFE POXA!

Type your comment> @cyberakira88 said:

Can anyone give me a nudge or check my k*e ec code, pretty sure I am super close to root but getting no input file specified, and whenever I actually get one working nothing is returned in the shell I have. Must be missing something very small here.

Nevermind, used a different exploit to get a more stable shell and k*e ec code worked perfectly fine. Guess I just needed to try a different approach.

Box rooted and was actually quite fun for an easy box.

Fun box!

Great Machine,

If you are stuck its all here in the thread.

Feel Free to DM

Fun machine! here my hints:

• Initial foothold: just check the technology in which the app is running and you should get the rest.
  • Root: just need to use the basics in order to get the attack vector.

Good box for a linux beginner.

Found a new tool for User, Root was easy, it took longer than it should have to get the syntax right :slight_smile:

Congrats @MrKN16H ! The first part has been Interesting, very recent

Fun and easy. I read about the incident by the time it occurred so I quickly spotted the vuln as soon as I saw the software version. Root was even easier. Just use a subcommand and run a command to get your root shell :wink:

Great box… Gotta say that was one of the easiest easy boxes on HTB. Learned something new about an old gem!

Has Anyone else had the 408 request timeout issue on gaining the foothold? I know I’m doing it correctly, I just don’t know what is going on with the timing.

It was my first machine to crack loved it!!:heart:
was not easy but managed to get in??
little bit of googling worked.

Nice and very easy box.

Foothold/User: Check the used technologies for exploits. Additional tools like Wappalyzer might give you better hints than the usual tools.

Root: Check which commands you can execute and then research how you can use that to escalate.