Official TheNotebook Discussion

Type your comment> @ALCATRAZ1928 said:

Nevermind. I manage to get root!!! For those of you who are coming across the libgo.so.16 missing, just update golang on your machine and recompile the exploit.

Thumbs up for that hint!

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@spidermanXjf said:

I have the same problem as you:“I think I have the right exploit to use (and it seems to work) but the payload isn’t throwing a shell.”
How did you resolve it?

I needed to tweak the payload.

I have solved :blush: ‘/bin/sh’ is right in the second session

i got to the admin and read the notes that are there.
i know where i should be at in the directory and what file to look at (somewhere around the .bak files), however i can’t open that one important file because it is compressed and i can’t unzip it because i don’t have permission as i am neither a user or root.

how did you manage to open that file :s help, thank you team

Type your comment> @codacaster said:

Nevermind. I manage to get root!!! For those of you who are coming across the libgo.so.16 missing, just update golang on your machine and recompile the exploit.

Thumbs up for that hint!

What version of golang are you using?
I’ve used and updated it to version 1.16.5 but I still get “error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared”.

Get rooted yeah! PM me if you get stuck.

I just got foothold. I guess it is not intended that shadow and root.txt are in /tmp? :smiley:

@sanoJ said:

I just got foothold. I guess it is not intended that shadow and root.txt are in /tmp? :smiley:

Probably not.

Nice Box
FootHold: Think about why cookies always starts with “ey”
Root: Leant CVE about d****r

Type your comment> @MeNOOB said:

Type your comment> @codacaster said:

Thumbs up for that hint!

What version of golang are you using?
I’ve used and updated it to version 1.16.5 but I still get “error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared”.

DM’ed a link to you :wink:

Im stuck getting a foothold, will anyone help me out? :slight_smile:

Rooted! That went surprisingly smooth :slight_smile: Overall very nice box, I really enjoyed it. Feel free to DM for nudges, but please explain what you’ve tried so far.

Type your comment> @mostwanted002 said:

Good luck, everyone! This is my first submission for the platform. Looking forward to having your precious feedback to create more content. :slight_smile:

nice box man!!!..I really learned a lot. Thanks!!!

Type your comment> @egarcia said:

Rooted! That went surprisingly smooth :slight_smile: Overall very nice box, I really enjoyed it. Feel free to DM for nudges, but please explain what you’ve tried so far.

nice

got root! Was a bit of a challenge to me, couldn’t get the exploit at the end to work for a while. Turns out I had to run the two steps milliseconds after each other. learned a thing or 2 about **T as well. Fun ride, learned alot!

date
Sun Jul  4 00:38:50 UTC 2021
root@thenotebook:/root# id
id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

PM me if you need a nudge.

gunn4r

I really enjoyed this one.
PM me if you need a hint.

What’s wrong with this machine?Is 80^^ port opened by design?Everybody telling about hard enum but I spent like 2 min to get user,I don’t really understand what happened))))

Type your comment> @tru5tn0one said:

What’s wrong with this machine?Is 80^^ port opened by design?Everybody telling about hard enum but I spent like 2 min to get user,I don’t really understand what happened))))

same here

PS: this was not the intended way. It was part of getting user.

Someone happened to open that port at the same time I started the nmap scan.

Rooted the box.

This was my first medium level box on HTB.

Learnt a lot.

Hints in the forum really helped.

PM me if you need a hint.

./main: error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

WTF? How fix this.

Rooted if you get this error ./main: error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory simply update golang to 1.16 version from official repository