Official TheNotebook Discussion

Somehow I managed to get the S** key for user. But if I try to login I always get a “Connection closed” message. Tho I think it is the right way, am I missing something?

Type your comment> @Dirks0n said:

Somehow I managed to get the S** key for user. But if I try to login I always get a “Connection closed” message. Tho I think it is the right way, am I missing something?

My problem was that I just missed the name of user

Finally rooted it, that was hard. But I really enjoyed it. I found all the hints so far to be loads of help, PM if you need a nudge.

Can anyone give me a hint for user? I have checked all the notes and suspicious directories, including bks . Spent too much time for finding clues…

@PenguinPanda said:

Can anyone give me a hint for user? I have checked all the notes and suspicious directories, including bks . Spent too much time for finding clues…

If you’ve looked in bks you’ve been in the right place. It’s not so much a clue as the thing you need to get into the box.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

If you’ve looked in bks you’ve been in the right place. It’s not so much a clue as the thing you need to get into the box.

Thank you so much forr your help!! I got the user and am going to get root.
Your posts always helped me a lot.

Hi everyone, this is actually my first post in here. Anyway I’m trying to get a shell as root on the system but when I run the exploit I get an error message saying that “libgo.so.16:” doesn’t exist on the system. I am apparently doing everything correctly and can’t figure out why this is happening. Can anybody help me with this? Thank you in advance

Nevermind. I manage to get root!!! For those of you who are coming across the libgo.so.16 missing, just update golang on your machine and recompile the exploit.

FInished this box. Learn some new things while finding my way to get the initial shell. For root, you just need to make sure to follow the indications of the exploit.

Pepe

Can someone ping me…I am getting 500 error after tampering certain thing

Foothold and User were relatively straightforward.

• Interception and tampering
  • then enumeration.

I am currently hitting a wall on root though. I think I have the right exploit to use (and it seems to work) but the payload isn’t throwing a shell. On the plus side, go is a really easy to understand language.

Finally resolved it. Turns out I just needed to change the thing I was calling.

I have the same problem as you:“I think I have the right exploit to use (and it seems to work) but the payload isn’t throwing a shell.”
How did you resolve it?

Type your comment> @bryterlayter said:

I was stuck on foothold for so long, wondering why it wasn’t working, only for me to figure out that it was because I was using the wrong email address. Needless to say, I’m embarrassed lol
My PMs are open if anyone wants nudges for foothold! I’m online most of the time

edit: Rooted! (kinda). Got the flag but couldn’t figure out how to get a full connection back. Would love to run my attempts by someone to see what I was doing wrong!

DM me if you need any advice on getting root flag!

I think i have arrived the last step , I executed POC normally, but I didn’t get shell back.Can you help me ? Thanks a lot!

@spidermanXjf said:

I have the same problem as you:“I think I have the right exploit to use (and it seems to work) but the payload isn’t throwing a shell.”
How did you resolve it?

I needed to tweak the payload.

@m1tch404 said:

Am stuck at the door of the root own… Tell me if you get the same problem while executing main file :

./main: error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don’t want to spoil so my DM are open !

DM’ed you :wink:

Type your comment> @ALCATRAZ1928 said:

Nevermind. I manage to get root!!! For those of you who are coming across the libgo.so.16 missing, just update golang on your machine and recompile the exploit.

Thumbs up for that hint!

@spidermanXjf said:

How did you resolve it?

I needed to tweak the payload.

I have solved :blush: ‘/bin/sh’ is right in the second session

i got to the admin and read the notes that are there.
i know where i should be at in the directory and what file to look at (somewhere around the .bak files), however i can’t open that one important file because it is compressed and i can’t unzip it because i don’t have permission as i am neither a user or root.

how did you manage to open that file :s help, thank you team

Type your comment> @codacaster said:

Type your comment> @ALCATRAZ1928 said:

Thumbs up for that hint!

What version of golang are you using?
I’ve used and updated it to version 1.16.5 but I still get “error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared”.

Get rooted yeah! PM me if you get stuck.

I just got foothold. I guess it is not intended that shadow and root.txt are in /tmp? :smiley: