Eternal Loop -Misc - only bruteforce

lol, here come the language wars. :open_mouth:

p.s. I did mine in expect.

@dispareo said:
I could be wrong… but I think bash is even faster than PHP. I did it in about 5 lines to unpack and cd

I wrote a python script to loop-unpack but (excluding the helper output lines) it is 15 lines of code. Can you (or others who have short script) post (or personal message me) your code. I would like to know the shortest and fastest way to write scripts like this (in any language).

I’m writing a script, but when I use a dictionary with fcrackzip, it has not brought me the password. I do a test, and the result when it finds a password is:

fcrackzip -D -p rockme.txt teste.zip -u -v
found file ‘teste.txt’, (size cp/uc 17/ 5, flags 1, chk e6b4)

I need to know the password, to implement my script. Someone has the same problem? How to solve?

I don’t remember a teste.zip file in this… but you only need to crack the final zip after looping through … whatever else… is in there beforehand. You can “guess” whatever other passwords you need before that.

teste.zip is a file of mine, for test.

@andremilke said:
I’m writing a script, but when I use a dictionary with fcrackzip, it has not brought me the password. I do a test, and the result when it finds a password is:

fcrackzip -D -p rockme.txt teste.zip -u -v
found file ‘teste.txt’, (size cp/uc 17/ 5, flags 1, chk e6b4)

I need to know the password, to implement my script. Someone has the same problem? How to solve?

thx for hint=)

@dispareo said:
I don’t remember a teste.zip file in this… but you only need to crack the final zip after looping through … whatever else… is in there beforehand. You can “guess” whatever other passwords you need before that.

“Guess” as in brute force? I’m having trouble getting past the first password protected zip :confused:

@drtychai said:

@dispareo said:

“Guess” as in brute force? I’m having trouble getting past the first password protected zip :confused:

Do you mean the very first password protected script, the one you download from hackthebox? You are supposed to open it without guessing. Reread the challenge description

@nns2009

I believe he meant the one after that.

@nns2009 said:

@drtychai said:

@dispareo said:

Do you mean the very first password protected script, the one you download from hackthebox? You are supposed to open it without guessing. Reread the challenge description

I mean the first one, after you unzip the downloaded chall

@d4rk3r said:
@nns2009

I believe he meant the one after that.

I wanted to believe this too…

I’m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file? Any help?

@Sanduuz said:
I’m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file?
Nothing special

@nns2009 said:

@Sanduuz said:
I’m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file?
Nothing special

What you mean nothing special? It’s probably that the clock is 2am and my brains don’t work. Please help.

Nevermind, I just realized I have a corrupt file…

Finally, managed to complete it! Thanks for everyone.

Sanduuz can you help me for the last event

@Sanduuz said:
Finally, managed to complete it! Thanks for everyone.

Sanduuz can you help me for the last event

Got hung up on the script loop but finally got it. Fun challenge!

@Sanduuz said:
Nevermind, I just realized I have a corrupt file…

Quality content and family fun - the HTB forums for when you’re feeling down and need someone to make you giggle.