Official Cap Discussion

Type your comment> @koushik777 said:

@CrimsonFlea tq for this , i will not stoping from now on …

Like most things, this is just really about building on experience.

@CrimsonFlea tq for this , i will not stoping from now on … can u guys help by saying ur methods of hacking … i mean my method is … first nmap , nikto , and note all the versions i got and go search for that version vulnerabilities.

You’re in good company with nmap. I would guess that 90% start there as it can give you a great start with the right switches. For me, just learning to “try all the doors” really helped. In other words, there won’t always be a vulnerable service with a ready made metasploit module or an exploit hosted on exploit-db.com. Sometimes, it’s all about poorly configured services (e.g. anonymous FTP with write permissions, anonymous access to SMB, default credentials, etc). So, knock on all the doors and look through all the windows (even if it isn’t showing as vulnerable).

Lastly, early on my pride didn’t allow me to watch/read walkthroughs of retired boxes. I decided that was dumb :smile: It’s super helpful to review how others work (IPPSEC comes to mind as one example). This is a learning platform after all. Good luck and have fun.

@koushik777 rank is nothing broo…

Got user, looking for root… does it have anything to do with s*** ve****n??

@CrimsonFlea yea tq dude , but i do watch ippsec videos… because i cant hack easy boxes too … but i dont follow the steps blindly …i understand every step he does …so it takes like 4-5hrs for a box for me … even its easy…hope i improve and do box on my own.

Type your comment> @txer2208 said:

Nope, revisit where you got user…

Ok, this tooked me yersterday longer as expected. Foothold was roundbaout 1 hour and then i wasted almost 3 hours as nathan looking for some PE :cold_sweat:
But finally found it, never faced this PE before but learned a lot about it.

输入您的评论> @coopertim13 said:

Type your comment> @txer2208 said:

Nope, revisit where you got user…

How to get down with regular root

got user.txt … any hints for root ?

@hydr8 said:
Ok, this tooked me yersterday longer as expected. Foothold was roundbaout 1 hour and then i wasted almost 3 hours as nathan looking for some PE :cold_sweat:
But finally found it, never faced this PE before but learned a lot about it.

How to get root permissions

Got Root !

User : Get an idea about what are the services which are opened, use web application to build up the insight what is the purpose of the application, then connect opened ports and the purpose of web application to find what are the possibilities to get some interesting information.

OR —

enumerate the application to find something which will open the door to go further.

Root : Think about what are the ways that we can do privilege escalation, try all possibilities and you will end up in something that you can use to get root, beware of some other little rabbit holes that present in the machine.

DM for nudges !
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t join just error eccurd > @koushik777 said:

as usual … an error occured -_- cant access the machine

try to change to us servers

Type your comment> @thegeeko said:

I had the same problem (from Europe) and switching to USA helped. But only for like 10 minutes, after that I got disconnected and now I have trouble spawning this machine in both US and EU.

Am I the only one?

Type your comment> @Erno1978 said:

I had the same problem (from Europe) and switching to USA helped. But only for like 10 minutes, after that I got disconnected and now I have trouble spawning this machine in both US and EU.

Am I the only one?

Nope same for me. I’ve tried changing to US servers but that didn’t work either.

@Erno1978 said:

Am I the only one?

same i cant access the machine now it says “cant spawn the machine”

I can’t spawn the Machine

Type your comment> @As4t0sh said:

I can’t spawn the Machine

haan bhai

Yeah, down =(

Spoiler Removed

im new to hacking , i though of trying this box , cant do … but when u guys said this the the easiest box in htb … i feel like im not fit for hacking… :disappointed:

I was you a couple of months ago…really I was…I really recommend you to go through the hackthebox academy. It teaches you form zero to hero lol.