Official Cap Discussion

Puzzled myself - I thought release would be 19:00 CET but it seems +2 ?? lol

Rooted. I think this is the simplest machine in HackTheBox.

I think this machine is way too easy… It’s rare to see a machine which is that easy. Pm if anyone need a nudge

I haven’t looked at this box yet but I just wanted to say, its good to have a range of boxes covering easy to hard - and what feels easy for one person might not be easy for other people.

Yea, I think this machine is quite suitable for beginners who just started and who are not able to do other boxes

Feeling tempted to make my own hackbbox plattform just to see if 3.5min blood on such a box is anywhere close to being realistic :slight_smile:

Pretty Easy Machine, probably easiest one i’ve done so far. DM Me For Hints

@LPHermanos said:

Feeling tempted to make my own hackbbox plattform just to see if 3.5min blood on such a box is anywhere close to being realistic :slight_smile:

Well, in my case it would be unlikely that either nmap would have completed in that time and I’ve spent longer opening a file to keep notes…

It’s a real beginner’s box, PM for a hint

After getting average user, the train of thought that gives right can offer below simply?

Fun box - learned smth new - didn’t know about the PE Vector beforehand.

Thanks for creating the box!

Rooted, PM for hint

Got user.txt working on Root :slight_smile:

Update: rooted :smiley: DM for nudges

This is a great starter box. Thank you for the box, @InfoSecJack !

DM for nudges.

Rooted!
If anyone needs help feel free to send me a message. I’ll reply as soon as i can :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @krizy said:

Rooted!
If anyone needs help feel free to send me a message. I’ll reply as soon as i can :slight_smile:

Excuse me,What’s the clue to root

got user pretty easy. root is making me think…

Why was root like a thousand times easier for me to find than user? I think my brain was 404 for 2 hours.

Type your comment> @Eklypze said:

Why was root like a thousand times easier for me to find than user? I think my brain was 404 for 2 hours.

Mate it’s not your brain thats wrong ok :smiley: Best case scenario is that people who looked there first are lucky. Worst case is writeups where sold before release. Need to test if I could make it in 3.5 min if I already know what to do now, like start release arena, connect vpn, ignore all standard scans and enum, go straight to the point of interest, use the thing found with the thing you need to use it with (programs and browsers also have some load time) then enter not on the obvious thing you found but on the next one straight away to save a few more seconds, copy paste that privesc in just under another minute, and lets not forget submit both user and root keys to the HTB interface. I think that’s already a close call to make it to these blood numbers.

Why be frustrated? I was long frustated until I realized… HAHA no f**in way man. If you do thorrough enum you did better not worse. How to know where’s the thing? Could’ve been everywhere, in any user input field, in some header, in some anon login, default creds, feel me? At best it’s luck, maybe little bit of experience on top but yeah you cant be sure so need to turn every stone so that takes time ok? lol cheers, chill! :smiley:

Type your comment> @x00future said:

got user pretty easy. root is making me think…

lol, its a piece of cake, just do proper enumeration with your scripts, but I think that will take longer from the manual enumeration of the only thing that’s on the server :wink: