Official Spectra Discussion

Fall in toooo many rabbit holes, i need to pay much attention next :neutral:

Hello, can someone send me a PM? I’m stuck after getting the reverse shell. I need to switch to another user, but I can’t find anything. I already try some creds but doesn’t work. Thanks

rooted, I can’t believe I was stuck for so long on initial foothold because apparently I don’t read file extensions carefully lol. PM for nudges

Let me ask you a rudimentary question.

When I run the file I edited with the nano command, it reverts to its original contents.

What should i do?

I rooted this but was wondering if anyone else had issues with the w* admin area? It was all broken for me. I reset the box same thing. When i clicked on themes then the panel returned and looked how it should. But if i clicked on dashboard the whole panel would disappear again. I probably don’t make sense right now haha.

I’ve got foothold, but my sll is crummy and won’t respond to commands. I’ve tried others as well, but I get the same inconsistencies. Anyone want to PM me a sll that worked for them and was stable for foothold? Thanks!

Not too hard but if u want to pwn! You shuld be able to understand bash script. good lucksh

I just completed this box. The first part was kind of hard, just because the website was not displaying the options properly and it took some time to get it working.

Once inside the box, it went easier to obtain the flags. If anyone needs some hints let me know.

Pepe

Type your comment> @Notorious1 said:

I rooted this but was wondering if anyone else had issues with the w* admin area? It was all broken for me. I reset the box same thing. When i clicked on themes then the panel returned and looked how it should. But if i clicked on dashboard the whole panel would disappear again. I probably don’t make sense right now haha.

I think that is the “in development” aspect of the website. I experienced the same thing at least :wink:

I’m stuck as the n**** user for a couple of hours now, ran linpeas and other enum scripts and performed extensive manual enumeration, I just can’t seem to find anything interesting… I found valid creds for the db but there was nothing… I would really appreciate a nudge at this point.

Edit: found it, jesus, I went over this file like 3 times without realizing the potential -.-
Edit2: Rooted, man, all that time lost while searching the ■■■■ file (is it really lost time? idk)

At the moment I am dying… so far I have gained access to cms. From there I’m trying to upload a commonly known p***** but so far the webserver is blockin me… any nudges please?

Type your comment> @Gorichka said:

Let me ask you a rudimentary question.

When I run the file I edited with the nano command, it reverts to its original contents.

What should i do?

Same problem here. did you found any explanation?

Type your comment> @pp123 said:

I just completed this box. The first part was kind of hard, just because the website was not displaying the options properly and it took some time to get it working.

Once inside the box, it went easier to obtain the flags. If anyone needs some hints let me know.

Pepe

hi , I’m stuck as the n**** user, can you give some hint ?

@fixas said:

Enumeration.

Look for things that aren’t normally on a system in a folder where the optional files are stored.

Examine the data. Find loot. Use the loot.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@fixas said:

Enumeration.

Look for things that aren’t normally on a system in a folder where the optional files are stored.

Examine the data. Find loot. Use the loot.

Thanks for your help

Rooted!
Very easy on root privesc not so easy on user enumeration.
If you need some hint just DM

why am i getting error establishing a database connection?

@twistednerd said:

Probably because the page you are connecting to hasn’t been configured properly. It might be worth investigating it a bit more.

@twistednerd said:

Probably because the page you are connecting to hasn’t been configured properly. It might be worth investigating it a bit more.

Thanks for the reply. but i’m trying to access the admin.php in one of the directories.

@twistednerd said:

@twistednerd said:

Thanks for the reply. but i’m trying to access the admin.php in one of the directories.

Is that working?

Because if it isn’t, you might want to investigate the folders rather than a file that’s generating an error message.

Hello! Is anyone willing to have a discussion about the method used to root this box? I don’t understand why the intended method works but an approach I first expected wouldn’t. I’d love to learn why it works the way it does. Thanks in advance!