Official TheNotebook Discussion

@jsarmz said:
Can someone just confirm that for user flag its the folder /t##/.bo##? Looks weird to me that this is the way, and I want to do the intended way

No it’s not. :wink:
The user flag is in its usual location in the user’s home directory.

@m1tch404 said:

Am stuck at the door of the root own… Tell me if you get the same problem while executing main file :

./main: error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don’t want to spoil so my DM are open !

Having the exact same issue, did. you manage to solve it?

Type your comment> @3ctr1x said:

@m1tch404 said:

Am stuck at the door of the root own… Tell me if you get the same problem while executing main file :

./main: error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don’t want to spoil so my DM are open !

Having the exact same issue, did. you manage to solve it?

Same here, anyone I can DM about it?

Thanks @mostwanted002 . Cool machine. Especially first part (foothold) was tricky enough and interesting.
User and root were relatively straightforward if you follow standard enumeration and and research discipline.
pm me for nudges

Any hint for foothold?

I’m stuck on root. I feel like I’m at my wits end. Can anyone PM me a hint? I feel like I’m overlooking something.

@lumen said:

I’m stuck on root. I feel like I’m at my wits end. Can anyone PM me a hint? I feel like I’m overlooking something.

There is a public exploit. It probably needs two sessions running to make it work.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@lumen said:

There is a public exploit. It probably needs two sessions running to make it work.

Yeah, I’ve tried using the Frieen CE and bu**din the g* sct after making changes. I’m just having issues with it actually wanting to work inse the co*nr. Doesn’t run just throws an error.

@lumen said:

Double check how it is being compiled. I don’t know for sure but this looks like it is expecting a library on the target which doesn’t exist.

When you run the build, do you get any messages or output?

@lumen said:

Double check how it is being compiled. I don’t know for sure but this looks like it is expecting a library on the target which doesn’t exist.

When you run the build, do you get any messages or output?

I don’t get any messages from building, it just creates the file.

@lumen said:

Ok, that implies it worked which makes the error seem kind of strange.

Are you definitely inside the c*******r when you run it?

@lumen said:

Ok, that implies it worked which makes the error seem kind of strange.

Are you definitely inside the c*******r when you run it?

Yeah and I have rt inside of it. I use the so command with no asterisk and tack on /b**/***h

@lumen said:

Yeah and I have rt inside of it. I use the so command with no asterisk and tack on /b**/***h

Ok - this might get complex to avoid spoilers. Double check the commands you are using to spawn the two c******r instances.

@lumen said:

Ok - this might get complex to avoid spoilers. Double check the commands you are using to spawn the two c******r instances.

Not sure what changed from last night, but reran it all and it just worked. shrug. Thanks!

@lumen said:

Not sure what changed from last night, but reran it all and it just worked. shrug. Thanks!

At least it works now :smile:

Lots of fun, I learnt some new techniques for foothold and root. Thanks to the creator! PM for nudges

For root: I am not getting the last shell, i’m using two sessions and think the PL is correct… anyone having similar issues?

EDIT: Rooted. Oh wow. I spent a day not being fast enough :slight_smile:

Really cool box!

initially I was going the right way, but didn’t know this kinda modification was even possible but hey learned smth new!

Lateral Movement + Root was really straight forward and rather easy then medium.

Thanks to the creater!

Rooted! Nice box.
Ask me for hints while it’s still fresh in my memory… I should take more notes :wink:

Rooted !

Initial Foothold : after all of your basic enumeration & stuff, you will be left with one thing to try out. think about all exploitable component in the web application. specially web applications !

User : it is all about hard enumeration to find what you need !

Root : if you find the exploit you can get root ! this is very interesting exploit and informative !

Thanks @mostwanted002 for this machine !