Official Knife Discussion

Official discussion thread for Knife. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

My first release! I’m trash but I can’t wait to give it a shot

is this machine working for you guys? I get an error message saying the machine isn’t released yet but it was supposed to be 7 mins ago.

Type your comment> @Notorious1 said:

is this machine working for you guys? I get an error message saying the machine isn’t released yet but it was supposed to be 7 mins ago.

actually ignore me Google converted UTC to GMT to be the same time

First time trying a Release Arena…gl all

Wow found nothing with 40 mins of enum any nudges you guys?

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @Lalith71 said:

Wow found nothing with 40 mins of enum any nudges you guys?

same here any nudges? Thanks

The machine is rated 2.5 by now, and the first 25 players succeeded somehow. After searching for more than an hour without any progress this just frustrates me.

Same boat here. These guessing games make the box harder

@ruskii said:

It’s probably the stupidest ■■■■ that I ignored somehow

Type your comment> @Markerpullus said:

@ruskii said:

Did you find something?

Type your comment> @ruskii said:

Type your comment> @Markerpullus said:

@ruskii said:

Did you find something?

Nope i am struggling

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler Removed

once you identify the version of a specific service, make sure to research a bit because it could take some time to find anything.

rooted. And rated it 1 Star. Really didn’t like it and didn’t learn anything on it.

Foothold: the box is highly rated as CVE. Just because there isn’t a wordpress or something else running doesn’t mean something below can’t be vulnerable
User: it’s granted
Root: the vector should be found via about the first command you should run as user. If you’re familiar with it, good for you. If not try it and look for something that sounds very promising at first glance already.

This is a box that makes you want to improve your googling skills. I had the right idea for user but struggled for quite some time until I found what I was looking for.

Root was very obvious but I still missed the simple command that could be used in the large amount of help text.