NIbbles

■■■, it took me over two hours to get into admin panel. 10 seconds to get a shell, and 5-10 minutes to get root.

@thanator77 said:
any tip to got root prev ?

How do you usually get root? Know your tools.

Am stuck on priv escalation as well haha

@Doorsen said:
Am stuck on priv escalation as well haha

Like the old old answer, enumerate and maybe try looking into the options in one of the many common enumeration tool :smiley:

@Ic3M4n said:
Yeah you can send me a PM if you have a question

Same

@cExplr said:

@Ic3M4n said:
Yeah you can send me a PM if you have a question

Same

Sent you a PM!

Enjoyed Nibbles, nice introduction to HTB… nothing too difficult, and more importantly nothing I couldn’t work out for myself. Couple of hours start to finish with me taking notes for future reference.

Any suggestions for a second machine?

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

I found the login page, but this is my first machine, and dont know the normal “usid/pwd” combo’s on this site. I have also run CEWL and the patator with the generated list no luck. If anyone would be willing to help me out I’d appreciate it

need help with rooting . I got user.txt. but not able to get root.txt

Just got root!!! Finally!!!

@opnsysme said:
I found the login page, but this is my first machine, and dont know the normal “usid/pwd” combo’s on this site. I have also run CEWL and the patator with the generated list no luck. If anyone would be willing to help me out I’d appreciate it

The credentials are pretty basic. Look out for default user/pw combinations and strings you have most likely seen before.

@fame321 said:
need help with rooting . I got user.txt. but not able to get root.txt

Enumerate. Search on the common linux enumeration scripts and try to execute them on the machine to see what loopholes are there.

Watch IppSec’s videos. He always uses them.

Nibbles rooted, learnt a lot a lot from this box

Enumeration Enumeration Enumeration

Any hints needed anyone can DM me or can hit me up on discord at [Ruthvik#7626]

Good luck Everyone !!

Well this is frustrating. I got the login form and tried my best to guess id and pwd with no luck. Some help will be appreciated. This guessing game makes me insane.

if somebody needs any help pm me

@opnsysme said:

Got the uid/pwd, now trying to get shell. Thanks @codenameroot

I am not able to run the sh file getting error Unknown command. Can somebody help me.

Even if I am running most of the command I am getting Unknown Command error, and Yes I have resetted the machine and tried again.

If anyone needs help, feel free to PM me. :slight_smile:

I’v tried everything, can’t find user/pass for the admin page. I’ve been on it for four hours… and I’ve read so many posts…

I’ve used cewl to generate a wordlist from the blog page and the login page… Can I have some help please?