misDIRection

Im literally lost and punching my face on the keyboard. I have no idea how to proceed after i unzipped the files.

think why some folders are empty, why some have files.
then think about the file names and what you can do with !

The size of key is the same with number of files ?

@thek said:
The size of key is the same with number of files ?

No, but it is related

I’ve unzipped the zip but I can’t access any of the files in the directory…or the directory itself

Spoiler Removed

Alright, so I’ve done what I think I should have, and am now left with a nice string of letters and numbers. My first thought was to decrypt it, so I “thought about the word Direction”, and tried decrypting it using route, transposition, etc… However, everything still spits out just a jumbled ciphertext. Any help?

what a fun challenge. easy in the end if you don’t make it harder than it is. write down what you see and connect the dots keeping the direction in mind

After reading these and scrolling through the directories, I still have nothing but a random string which seems to be a ciphertext. A nudge would be appreciated! Feel free to PM if you are able to help! :smiley:

Nevermind I got it :smiley:

Well, I got the information, but still not getting the right flag. I might be missing that part about “keeping the direction in mind”. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve done as far as I can on this at the moment, trying out many different approaches but yielding nothing at all useful. If anyone is willing to give me a nudge I’d appreciate a PM. Really good challenge.

Got it after a couple of tries. The DIRection is the big clue for those still having trouble. Could have more than one meaning :smiley:

1 to 37 file. i got it. anyone can tell me how to find that encoded string decoding method?

ooo yes i got it

Is the flag in the normal format? Do I need to decode it?

@md101 said:

No need to decode. but you will need to add the HTB{} to it. IIRC

@MiningOmerta said:

@md101 said:

No need to decode. but you will need to add the HTB{} to it. IIRC

As far as I remember, flag for this challenge has HTB{} already

Nope. It definitely needs decoding.

@md101 said:

ok got it my mac did not do well with this one. Thanks.