Official Ready Discussion

@iamshaleen said:

Type your comment> @alemusix said:

Type your comment> @iamshaleen said:

where is the root flag? I can’t find it in the usual place?

Are you sure you really are root?

I checked the id and its root

Have you escaped? If not, you are root in the wrong place.

finally rooted. Big thanks for @TazWake for the help and @likelytarget for the useful hint! :slight_smile:
PM if need guidance.

Rooted. I assume it’s rated medium because of the amount of rabbit holes (especially creds, though maybe there’s more than 1 way in).
PM for hints!

Fun box, but not sure if it should be rated medium. Easy, but still fun to do.

Rooted! I spent far too long trying to escape. Should of tried that first!

ROOTED.!!! Dm is open for nudges

I got user flag and currently stuck as g** user. Trying to find a way to privesc but having issues seeing the path. Nudges? DMs are open if you are worried if it will be to much of a spoiler

EDIT: Never mind, i rooted it and got the flag. This box was interesting and taught me something new!

root@ready:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
root@ready:~# 

Rooted! :slight_smile:

Overall a really frustrating box because I hit rabbit holes hard. Finally rooting after the “middle” hop took less than 5 minutes. 5-6 hours of wasted enumeration hurts… but oh well I guess you live and you learn.

Feel free to DM for nudges.

Thank you that helps.

@digusil said:

Type your comment> @menessim said:

@Cyberzombi3 said:
Hey Guys, could I ask for a nudge oon upgrading the initial shell, having real troubles with it, i’m starting to think that its due to me using ZSH in Kali2020.4 as when backgrounding a task and foregrounding it everything seems to go to s***

the usual upgrading of a reverse shell doesnt work with zsh.
The easiest fix is to just start your nc listener from bash not zsh.

Accidentally, I found a quite simple solution:

script -c "/bin/bash -i" /dev/null

Is that OK? I already have root privileges. But there is not any root flag in the root home. Reset did not help. Command find / -name ‘root.txt’ did not found the flag.

@Alexal said:

Is that OK? I already have root privileges. But there is not any root flag in the root home. Reset did not help. Command find / -name ‘root.txt’ did not found the flag.

It might be worth reading through this thread:

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@Alexal said:

It might be worth reading through this thread:

Official Ready Discussion - #347 by byd3fault - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums
Official Ready Discussion - #311 by W4GHN4KH - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums
Official Ready Discussion - #308 by loeffel007mtk - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums
Official Ready Discussion - #299 by TazWake - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums
Official Ready Discussion - #297 by mach1ne - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums
Official Ready Discussion - #296 by psychobolt - Machines - Hack The Box :: Forums

Nevermind, found the solution! Seems unusual for the beginner. One of the comments in this thread helped me)

completed. do dm for any help. :slight_smile:

rooted. Nice box,thanks to @bertolis . User part was easy for me,learned new things in root part. Great. anyone need nudge can PM me.

Hi, everyone. I’d like to ask everyone to show courtesy to your fellow security enthusiasts and do at least basic cleanup when you work on non-private boxes. Not the first time I come across dead-giveaway artifacts left behind by the other guy, who just finished the box.

When i run exploit for GitLab i get always this error “list index out of range” and don’t work script.

Hello, currently when I visit the GitLab page, it does not redirect me to the login page. It just says Status 502 not found. Can someone help to troubleshoot it or creator reset the box? I have been resetting it a few times already. Thanks!

For some reason this machine is not properly working for me, I’ve tried the gitlab exploitation but with no result, can’t even ping myself, not sure if redis was updated in the background or what.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

Tried with ArchLinux and ParrotOS with the same results.
Tried using Brave Browser.
Tried using Mozilla Firefox

No luck so far, am I the only one facing this issue? Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

You’re not alone, although the box doesn’t have ping. Or at least it didn’t.

However, I am also having issues with the foothold, and I say this as someone who has already done it before, gotten the user flag(but not root, hence the going back and completing it), and kept the scripts and screenshots. Would it be possible to get a sanity check of someone else doing it new or a version check or something on this machine?

I have also tried newer, different versions of the python scripts as well as running it manually with Burpsuite, multiple payloads, and even doing the base64 encode version and making sure there’s no + character, and none of them have worked.

Thanks.