Official TheNotebook Discussion

Given the discussion of ‘2 sessions’ above - Pretty sure I took an unintended path from user=>root. @mostwanted002 gimme a DM if you are interested to discuss.

I enjoyed the box, and learned something in foothold - thanks!

Really enjoyed this box! Respect to the author.

Both foothold and priv-esc techniques were new to me – both use technologies you’ve most likely abused before, I just doubt you’ve abused them in these specific ways. Definitely learnt something new here!

Happy to try and take DMs on this if you can tell me what you’ve done/tried!

Stuck at foothold

I’ve tried exploiting J** via k** parameter an n*** a********. Am I going in the right direction or am I overcomplicating things?

I was stuck on foothold for so long, wondering why it wasn’t working, only for me to figure out that it was because I was using the wrong email address. Needless to say, I’m embarrassed lol
My PMs are open if anyone wants nudges for foothold! I’m online most of the time

edit: Rooted! (kinda). Got the flag but couldn’t figure out how to get a full connection back. Would love to run my attempts by someone to see what I was doing wrong!

DM me if you need any advice on getting root flag!

Type your comment> @mostwanted002 said:

Good luck, everyone! This is my first submission for the platform. Looking forward to having your precious feedback to create more content. :slight_smile:

This was a great box! Thank you for making it

Type your comment> @therodri2 said:

Stuck at foothold

I’ve tried exploiting J** via k** parameter an n*** a********. Am I going in the right direction or am I overcomplicating things?

You are definitely going in the right direction. Remember that new k** needs to be on the j** as well.

@5ysk3y said:
Really enjoyed this box! Respect to the author.

Both foothold and priv-esc techniques were new to me – both use technologies you’ve most likely abused before, I just doubt you’ve abused them in these specific ways. Definitely learnt something new here!

Happy to try and take DMs on this if you can tell me what you’ve done/tried!

Agreed! Really loved these new techniques for old abuses.

Stuck on root… could someone pls give me a nudge? I have found something I can execute, but there is nothing to execute it on. Also it seems I can’t start the thing in the first place. Maybe I’m in a rabbit hole?
Like to discuss further…

Type your comment> @Xen0m0rph said:

Stuck on root… could someone pls give me a nudge? I have found something I can execute, but there is nothing to execute it on. Also it seems I can’t start the thing in the first place. Maybe I’m in a rabbit hole?
Like to discuss further…

Remove the wildcard at the end of such commands.

Hi guys, Im stuck at foothold, i try modified the kd field, the adm*n_*ap field and generate my own private key but i still can’t authorized.
I would be very appreciate to receive any hints

Rooted. any help dm as usual . Help assured from me :slight_smile:

Can someone just confirm that for user flag its the folder /t##/.bo##? Looks weird to me that this is the way, and I want to do the intended way

Type your comment> @C31ibarin said:

Remove the wildcard at the end of such commands.

Thanks @C31ibarin ! I thought I had tried that, but obviously I didn’t.
Rooted now.
That was a fun box, learned a lot! Thx @mostwanted002 !

@jsarmz said:
Can someone just confirm that for user flag its the folder /t##/.bo##? Looks weird to me that this is the way, and I want to do the intended way

No it’s not. :wink:
The user flag is in its usual location in the user’s home directory.

@m1tch404 said:

Am stuck at the door of the root own… Tell me if you get the same problem while executing main file :

./main: error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don’t want to spoil so my DM are open !

Having the exact same issue, did. you manage to solve it?

Type your comment> @3ctr1x said:

@m1tch404 said:

Am stuck at the door of the root own… Tell me if you get the same problem while executing main file :

./main: error while loading shared libraries: libgo.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I don’t want to spoil so my DM are open !

Having the exact same issue, did. you manage to solve it?

Same here, anyone I can DM about it?

Thanks @mostwanted002 . Cool machine. Especially first part (foothold) was tricky enough and interesting.
User and root were relatively straightforward if you follow standard enumeration and and research discipline.
pm me for nudges

Any hint for foothold?

I’m stuck on root. I feel like I’m at my wits end. Can anyone PM me a hint? I feel like I’m overlooking something.

@lumen said:

I’m stuck on root. I feel like I’m at my wits end. Can anyone PM me a hint? I feel like I’m overlooking something.

There is a public exploit. It probably needs two sessions running to make it work.