Starting point - Oopsie Can't access simple http website.

@TazWake said:

@umlal said:

I really think that there is a problem with the Oopsie machine, but I’m not sure how to eliminate the option that it’s a fault in my machine.

Well, it’s difficult to be certain, but the curl output would be the main one for me. It seems strange that using ssh to connect resulted in a HTTP 400 request (meaning the server is functioning) but using curl is generating a timeout.

That does make me suspect the issue is with the server now. The likely cause is that something is breaking when it tries to process the index page. There isn’t much else you can check (*). It’s probably worth raising a Jira ticket with HTB if a reset isn’t working (or isn’t an option).

(*) - you can run tcpdump/wireshark and have a deeper analysis of the traffic to and from your machine. That might return something else of use but it’s unlikely to really add much knowledge.

OK, I won’t linger on it for long, tomorrow I’ll try to connect through campus( to eliminate an issue on my home internet), and I’ll test Wireshark before harassing some poor developer. if my internet isn’t the culprit i’ll try to buy a vip subscription to see if it solves the problem, if the problem persist then I’ll consider myself worthy of support.
What really bother me is that I can’t tell i it’s only happening to me or maybe other users are also having problems. Thanks anyway @TazWake