Eternal Loop -Misc - only bruteforce

It was a fun challenge learning to script around the problem. Fun challenge.

Php script is a nice tool to solve challenges like this. Only a recursive function with shell exec need it.
Btw: Very clever challenge :wink:

I could be wrongā€¦ but I think bash is even faster than PHP. I did it in about 5 lines to unpack and cd

I created a python script to extract all, bruteforce and exctract the flagā€¦ Iā€™m lazy ahaha

@thek

*anything else ā€œis a nice tool to solve challenges like this.ā€ xD /jk

lol, here come the language wars. :open_mouth:

p.s. I did mine in expect.

@dispareo said:
I could be wrongā€¦ but I think bash is even faster than PHP. I did it in about 5 lines to unpack and cd

I wrote a python script to loop-unpack but (excluding the helper output lines) it is 15 lines of code. Can you (or others who have short script) post (or personal message me) your code. I would like to know the shortest and fastest way to write scripts like this (in any language).

Iā€™m writing a script, but when I use a dictionary with fcrackzip, it has not brought me the password. I do a test, and the result when it finds a password is:

fcrackzip -D -p rockme.txt teste.zip -u -v
found file ā€˜teste.txtā€™, (size cp/uc 17/ 5, flags 1, chk e6b4)

I need to know the password, to implement my script. Someone has the same problem? How to solve?

I donā€™t remember a teste.zip file in thisā€¦ but you only need to crack the final zip after looping through ā€¦ whatever elseā€¦ is in there beforehand. You can ā€œguessā€ whatever other passwords you need before that.

teste.zip is a file of mine, for test.

@andremilke said:
Iā€™m writing a script, but when I use a dictionary with fcrackzip, it has not brought me the password. I do a test, and the result when it finds a password is:

fcrackzip -D -p rockme.txt teste.zip -u -v
found file ā€˜teste.txtā€™, (size cp/uc 17/ 5, flags 1, chk e6b4)

I need to know the password, to implement my script. Someone has the same problem? How to solve?

thx for hint=)

@dispareo said:
I donā€™t remember a teste.zip file in thisā€¦ but you only need to crack the final zip after looping through ā€¦ whatever elseā€¦ is in there beforehand. You can ā€œguessā€ whatever other passwords you need before that.

ā€œGuessā€ as in brute force? Iā€™m having trouble getting past the first password protected zip :confused:

@drtychai said:

@dispareo said:

ā€œGuessā€ as in brute force? Iā€™m having trouble getting past the first password protected zip :confused:

Do you mean the very first password protected script, the one you download from hackthebox? You are supposed to open it without guessing. Reread the challenge description

@nns2009

I believe he meant the one after that.

@nns2009 said:

@drtychai said:

@dispareo said:

Do you mean the very first password protected script, the one you download from hackthebox? You are supposed to open it without guessing. Reread the challenge description

I mean the first one, after you unzip the downloaded chall

@d4rk3r said:
@nns2009

I believe he meant the one after that.

I wanted to believe this tooā€¦

Iā€™m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file? Any help?

@Sanduuz said:
Iā€™m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file?
Nothing special

@nns2009 said:

@Sanduuz said:
Iā€™m probably overthinking, but what am I supposed to do with the last file?
Nothing special

What you mean nothing special? Itā€™s probably that the clock is 2am and my brains donā€™t work. Please help.

Nevermind, I just realized I have a corrupt fileā€¦