Official Ophiuchi Discussion

Type your comment> @Meise said:

Hi, i managed to manipulate the request and i can make the machine download my files, but every reverse shell i try i donā€™t get the connection, can you give me any nudge?

i managed to get a simple nc without commands and without the ā€œ-eā€

Hey Meise!.. whereā€™ve you been? long time hey!

PM what youā€™ve done and how you doing it :wink:

From what I can tell so far the YAML parser is at least meant to work. Anyone else getting a blank page with ā€˜Due to security reason this feature has been temporarily on hold. We will soon fix the issue!ā€™ everytime they post something to the Yaml servlet?

Type your comment> @allTsar said:

From what I can tell so far the YAML parser is at least meant to work. Anyone else getting a blank page with ā€˜Due to security reason this feature has been temporarily on hold. We will soon fix the issue!ā€™ everytime they post something to the Yaml servlet?

Yep
the same here

It worked the last time I tried to get a reverse connection :confused:

Ok it works
just error for my IP address :wink:

Hello everyone (finally back on track!)
This machine was really interesting.
Learnt something new.
Everything has already been said.
For foothold, when you think is not working, think also that there is always a workaround.
Cheers!

Just Finished the box. If help needed just send me a message. :slight_smile:

Impossible to get that yaml thing functionning :neutral:. Tried to execute system commands but itā€™s not the right way. You need to run a web server on your host to serve files to attacked url.

For rooting, I just was enable to use webassembly tools. I found a web online tool that do the same. I thought deploy.sh deploy a war to tomcat server but itā€™s simpler thant that. Just execute commands with root account.

Well, that was impossible for me without tutos but I really tried to go ahead. I learned things undoubtly.

rooted.

I would say the rating is accurate. I had issues with both foothold and root, but only because Iā€™m stupid. foothold i could have gotten quicker if my syntax had been correct first time. root i could have saved myself two days had I looked at something correctly. I pretty much knew exactly how to get to root once i looked the box over and read everything around me. I even did the steps that would get me to root, but then just missed ONE thingā€¦

good learning box.

fun box, Iā€™ve been away working on retired windows boxes. Root threw me for a loop. Do your standard enumeration. Thereā€™s a way of doing that redirection. GO do some reading. After that, if you make your own then just worry about Compiler errors. Runtime errors wonā€™t block you as long as you donā€™t Byte off more than you can chew.

PM for nudges

Rooted, fun box, foothold was easy, user part was easy as well, root part is ā– ā– ā– ā–  good but needs work!

PM if you stuck

Rooted. Thanks @felamos. Learned something about w**m :smile:

@allTsar said:

Getting this message is normal when you send something that doesnā€™t do whatā€™s needed - except for when you send garbage and you get the trace that other people mentioned.

For root: getting an error when running the w**m-related command can also be normal and doesnā€™t necessarily mean some other user bricked the machine, just read through what you have.

Friendly reminder to clean up your room before leaving the box.

Finally rooted. Thanks to @felamos for this awesome box.
Initial foothold was pretty tough for me,learned a lot. User and root part is pretty straight forward.
If anybody need any hints can PM me.

about user:
If you are getting error 500,
please just read st******e, i mean, read every single line of it, until you see it
took like two hours for me ><

about root:
straightforward, just see what that strange file does, modify it and tadaa.

Got user.txt as the a****, and have a pretty clear idea of privesc, but am getting a weird error on a certain package. Not really familiar with the technology but I think I know what to do with d*****.sh.

Would really appreciate some nudges on root!

Can anyone give a hint, please? I can run RCE, but cannot get reverse shell. The server can connect to me, using curl, but I do not get rev.shell . I also do not now Java,

rooted. some places, felt weird. like the keys was not getting writtenā€¦ maybe temporary box issue, so i just echoed out the juice lol. Any help dm as usualā€¦

Type your comment> @paddanada said:

Just rooted this boxā€¦ although, itā€™d be more accurate to say, ā€œI got the flagā€ā€¦

I couldnā€™t get my version of the ā€œattack scriptā€ to pop a reverse shell; I knew my script was being executed, because I got it to run id and saw the expected result. Try as I might, though, I couldnā€™t get my reverse shells to work. In the end, I just catted what I needed. Like I say, I got the flag, but donā€™t really feel that I ā€œgot rootā€, if that makes senseā€¦

If anyone here did manage to get a rev shell to work (or get in as root), would you mind sharing how, via PM, please?

same issue. maybe some temoporary box issue?

Iā€™m stuck on root.
I think I need to edit the .w*** file to return 1 on the i function? But i dont have write permissions to that fileā€¦ What am I missing?

edit: nevermindā€¦

root@ophiuchi:/tmp# id && hostname
id && hostname
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
ophiuchi

missclick please ignore/remove

I wonder if itā€™s possible that this machine has stuck (even after few ā€œmachine resetsā€) in the state that sudo command which Iā€™m trying is shouting ā€œcannot find packageā€. Looks like missing github repo on machine. It was working yesterday and stopped and now I cannot move further.

Any suggestions appreciated.