Official Atom Discussion

Type your comment> @Distortion said:

Why does the machine fail to spawn? Anyone else having this issue?

I’m having the same issue since today morning.

Type your comment> @smokexx64 said:

Type your comment> @Distortion said:

I’m having the same issue since today morning.

It just spawned for me right now. Got fixed I’m guessing.

Type your comment> @SovietBeast said:

It is only me or this box went from easy to medium overnight?

Yes, Discord was on fire about the easy rating and htb confirmed and changed from Easy to Medium.

@k4wld said:
Type your comment> @SovietBeast said:

It is only me or this box went from easy to medium overnight?

Yes, Discord was on fire about the easy rating and htb confirmed and changed from Easy to Medium.

Okey, thanks :smile: Interesting decision but the points was left for 20 as for easy box from what I can see. But I’m no right person to judge any of this so I’m just happy that I manage to solve this box :smiley:

Hi all, anybody available to help me get user? I know the exploit and how to execute it but I guess I have been doing something wrong for the past 4 hours. If someone could please DM to help me

Pretty lost on this box after enumerating and trying a few different things.

Type your comment> @Bl0w13 said:

Hi all, anybody available to help me get user? I know the exploit and how to execute it but I guess I have been doing something wrong for the past 4 hours. If someone could please DM to help me

■■■■ I’ve been enumerating too for a while now but not really sure what route to go now…S** was a bust.

I’ve been trying for an hour to create an instance in the Release Arena, no luck so far. Maybe this box should be moved to insane.

I opened a ticket…

Type your comment> @Bl0w13 said:

DM me. Was stuck in the same boat

stuck on foothold… i know which vuln there is, but i cant the files to place or missing something…

can someone give me a hint?

btw, actually i cant start the machine… not at all nice if you are interrupted during the process

I’ve been waiting for about 24 hours now. still i can’t spawn machine. its pissing me off. fuckin’ annoying!

@Distortion said:

can’t spawn machine too. i reported an issue to jira.

Type your comment> @cbaker said:

I’ve been trying for an hour to create an instance in the Release Arena, no luck so far. Maybe this box should be moved to insane.

:lol:

Was hoping to get back at it today as well. Hackers unite!

Type your comment> @mcdave2k1 said:

stuck on foothold… i know which vuln there is, but i cant the files to place or missing something…

can someone give me a hint?

You can DM me on discord 0xAniket#4393 or here.

Got user, tonight I’ll try to root the box.
I was doing everything correctly but a little dumb mistake that blocked me for like 12 hours.

P.S. I’m using lab vpn and not release arena because I can’t spawn the machine there (IP 10.10.10.237)
Edit: rooted!

Foothold/user: start with classical enumeration and focus on ‘less common’ ways, you’ll find useful information that will let you understand what the target offers. With some google-fu you’ll eventually find the right article that will show you how to get into the box
Root: enumerate with classical tools, beware of rabbit holes!

Thanks for the box!

Could someone help me a bit with a PM?

I have what is needed I think and i can get the exploit to work locally I just can’t figure out how to get the files packed back together so that the user runs it on the remote machine.

Edit: I figured it out finally with a bit of help from @SovietBeast . the machine is incredibly vague about what it needs and my syntax was off so it took me a long time of playing with the payload before it finally worked.

Same here. Please DM. Thank you.

you must not pack back another app, no need a .exe file at all. In this machine there is someone is doing something.

Is it only me having problems creating the machine instance? It says “Machine failed to spawn.”