Official Atom Discussion

For this machine to be marked Easy, I feel like I’m going down a very … ummm. Computer Sciencey rabbit hole. Found some juicy stuff but because I suck at dgg I’m probs going to give up on this one.

Okay I’ve absolutely found the foothold vuln, but I don’t think I understand it enough to execute it. If you figure out the E-------U----er you’re 10/10 my guy. I understand enough to know that I’m I-------g c-d- into the F—N----. But … beyond that I am lost.

Type your comment> @ellj said:

Is S** a rabbit hole?

Depends. Was there anything there???

Unable to start instance :frowning:

Machine failed to spawn… Anyone else having the same issue?

@darkanka12345 said:
Unable to start instance :frowning:

Machine failed to spawn… Anyone else having the same issue?

Yes it is sometimes like that to me, but after a minute I can spawn/reset instance.
Anyway rooted! Nice box I never touched electon app before went into rabbit hole because of that so yea fun! It is only me or this box went from easy to medium overnight?

Why does the machine fail to spawn? Anyone else having this issue?

Type your comment> @Distortion said:

I’m having the same issue since today morning.

Type your comment> @smokexx64 said:

Type your comment> @Distortion said:

I’m having the same issue since today morning.

It just spawned for me right now. Got fixed I’m guessing.

Type your comment> @SovietBeast said:

It is only me or this box went from easy to medium overnight?

Yes, Discord was on fire about the easy rating and htb confirmed and changed from Easy to Medium.

@k4wld said:
Type your comment> @SovietBeast said:

It is only me or this box went from easy to medium overnight?

Yes, Discord was on fire about the easy rating and htb confirmed and changed from Easy to Medium.

Okey, thanks :smile: Interesting decision but the points was left for 20 as for easy box from what I can see. But I’m no right person to judge any of this so I’m just happy that I manage to solve this box :smiley:

Hi all, anybody available to help me get user? I know the exploit and how to execute it but I guess I have been doing something wrong for the past 4 hours. If someone could please DM to help me

Pretty lost on this box after enumerating and trying a few different things.

Type your comment> @Bl0w13 said:

Hi all, anybody available to help me get user? I know the exploit and how to execute it but I guess I have been doing something wrong for the past 4 hours. If someone could please DM to help me

■■■■ I’ve been enumerating too for a while now but not really sure what route to go now…S** was a bust.

I’ve been trying for an hour to create an instance in the Release Arena, no luck so far. Maybe this box should be moved to insane.

I opened a ticket…

Type your comment> @Bl0w13 said:

DM me. Was stuck in the same boat

stuck on foothold… i know which vuln there is, but i cant the files to place or missing something…

can someone give me a hint?

btw, actually i cant start the machine… not at all nice if you are interrupted during the process

I’ve been waiting for about 24 hours now. still i can’t spawn machine. its pissing me off. fuckin’ annoying!

@Distortion said:

can’t spawn machine too. i reported an issue to jira.