Hackerman

Sorry guys but i’ve just solved this one but i still have a question about “almost”. Could someone pm me please?

me too could any one dm me please

what is almost!!

Spoiler Removed - Arrexel

can anyone help me? I’m stuck with the last part (I think).
I have the text file and the hash. But I stuck with the next step. I can’t find the text to decrypt…
Can anyone give me a hint?

Could someone please PM me if they have completed this. I think I am getting close but cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

How did you almost find it? Please pm me. Thanks. I already solved the rest

How did you solve the rest without almost finding it?

How am I supposed to start solving this one?
I tried applying different filters in Photoshop, subtracting maybe-original (found on the internet, downscaled to 960x540), increasing brightness/contrast and selecting color range. Found nothing.
Used Stegsolve but that revealed nothing. Also tried to use several other tools but was unable to launch them because I have Mac. I might postpone this challenge until I have Kail Linux in case some specific tools are essential for solving.

@nns2009

mac is fine to solve this challenge as for windows and, of course, Linux.

i got the “almost”. how to go forward.help me please

ohh i got id dude

@Yogri said:
can anyone help me? I’m stuck with the last part (I think).
I have the text file and the hash. But I stuck with the next step. I can’t find the text to decrypt…
Can anyone give me a hint?

I’m such an Idiot :'D just used the wrong decryption^^

Am I right in thinking there is some bruteforce involved ?

Alright so I’ve managed it however … there is some weirdness with this task and a different password for a different cipher … Got stuck down the rabbit hole with it for a while.

Has anyone had any … outgoings to a robert1 that gave false positives ?

■■■, 3 days… Thanks for the hint!
Once got “almost” there… you are, in fact, done :slight_smile:

Gotta say I was stumped on this one for a little bit… watched some youtube to fresh the basics and then I was almost there and figured out where the final key was… fun one!

hey guys, I’m new to HTB and also very new to steganography. I just now finished Widescreen like an hour ago. Can anyone help me with any ideas for decrypting this hackerman. I’m not asked the flag, just the correct direction would help.

Thanks in advance

im at almost… and now very stuck… would appreciate a PM

I also reached the almost (I think). Is the almost encrypted in any way? If so, how intuitive is it to decrypt it? A PM without the solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance