What does curl do in triggering a reverse shell in Oopsie

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@sumin said:

i am trying to get a reverse shell using pentestmoneky php,but i am unable to upload the php file the oopsie website says connection got reset etc,i could upload other files though

Ok - I am not trying to be an asshole here but “connection reset” is very different from “no response.”

The error messages provided by an application are really the only way to understand what is happening.

So to dig into this:

• How are you uploading the shell?
  • How are you trying to access the shell?
  • Are you getting connection reset on the upload or on the access attempt?
  • What other error messages are you getting (the “etc” bit)?

@TazWake said:
@sumin said:

i am trying to get a reverse shell using pentestmoneky php,but i am unable to upload the php file the oopsie website says connection got reset etc,i could upload other files though

Ok - I am not trying to be an asshole here but “connection reset” is very different from “no response.”

The error messages provided by an application are really the only way to understand what is happening.

So to dig into this:

@TazWake said:
@sumin said:

So to dig into this:

i am playing the oopsie machine starting point,it has got an upload files option on the web page,
i use the pentest monkey reverse php script,i am going to use netcat to listen and connect to the machine
i am getting connection reset on upload
when i am connected to burpsuit proxy i get server no response error when i upload .php file