[Reversing] Nostalgia

Hi all, very good Challenge :slight_smile:

Any resolve this yet?

My advise is to use an emulator with a built in debugger. I used mGBA. If emulator does not work check that you have opengl installed and check video settings in the emulator. I spent ages before the emulator started to work as expected.

EDIT: no$gba debugger appears to be alright as well

EDIT2: tried GitHub - SiD3W4y/GhidraGBA: GBA ROM loader for ghidra plugin for ghidra, it works alright

I just solved it in an unintended way using NO$BA debugger on windows, now I’m trying to understand the right way to solve if someone want to discuss it can PM me

:slight_smile: thanks dudes, it’s works

Hi guys, if you’re interested or like to reverse more GBA ROMs. I tried to write a Ghidra loader which additionally parses the header structure of GBA ROM files. :slight_smile:

hi all;
as you advised, i have tried:

mGBA
no$gba

as emulators.
And tried both IDA Pro and Ghidra with the given loaders above. The only thing that i have come so far is the video memory address of the letters that printing on!

When you press one of the buttons of the console -like a or b- it prints itself on screen. My question is; do i need to find the “right sequence of buttons” then press enter to get the flag??? Am i right or i am missing something?

Thank you =)

hello guys again
any hint/help will welcome
i really stuck on this!

Ok finally pwned

ghidra loader is better then the ida pro loader

Wow, I was testing keybinds and actually hit all correct keys to get the flag… nice

Can somebody help me, I’m trying to load the .gba into mgba using windows 11 inside vmware. It seems like video problems. :frowning: