Window non-standard application concept

That moment when you realize that you have been missing file extension all time long…

I tried everythings possibile… lol the last question in this module, i copied and pasted the name, with the file extension, but nothing i really don’t understand. This question is present 2 time, the first time everything ok, but second one none… Pls help me lol

Type your comment> @lilith39 said:

I tried everythings possibile… lol the last question in this module, i copied and pasted the name, with the file extension, but nothing i really don’t understand. This question is present 2 time, the first time everything ok, but second one none… Pls help me lol

la respuesta tiene que estar completa con la extensión.

Type your comment> @NautiluScorp said:

la respuesta tiene que estar completa con la extensión.

I know, alredy done it, but nothing.

hello everyone, tip, don’t forget .exe and also look for an update service not built into windows

Hi @Rainbowolf77 i try with the .exe or EXE extention and also with the name of UpdateService for FoxitReader but not work for me; what may be failing.

Nothing, i can’t find it. In the Windows Security, i tried the “animal” but nothing… pls if someone can help i would really appriciate. tnks

Nothing, i can’t find it. In the Windows Security, i tried the “animal” but nothing… pls if someone can help i would really appriciate. tnks

Hi Lilith39 there is a much easier way to find the Non Standard Application than using the command line. Once you RDP to the target just take a look into Apps & Features in the start menu and look for the App’s that are not standard to the windows. There are only a few so they should stand out

@klausneil did you succeed in this yet?

Type your comment> @Skitz66 said:

@klausneil did you succeed in this yet?

Yes, jajaja is a blues

can anyone help me with this question?
Which Windows NT version is installed on the workstation? (i.e. Windows X - case sensitive)

Type your comment> @solo276 said:

can anyone help me with this question?
Which Windows NT version is installed on the workstation? (i.e. Windows X - case sensitive)

Hi, that is very simple, replace X in “Windows X” to the NT number.

1 Like

I got this right in first try after copy the script from internet and pass to Powershell.

The first time the question is asked include .exe, the second time do not include executable.

App is different from services (it’s not contain “.exe”) , and if you want to check what app is running , try Task Manager(dont use PowerShell) and submit the name of app you think it right.

Have you been able to fix this?

It kind of tricky but i am sure you already have the answer check the Hint and whatever the answer make sure you add the .exe

Hi, Use the command “Get-ComputerInfo” and Just Write “Windows X” and exclude “Enterprise”. Replace X with the Version number. For example, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, etc.

Found it but didn’t do this. I genuinely was frustrated when I read this and realized that was the issue.

Windows 10

1 Like