Official Armageddon Discussion

Type your comment> @bytefantastic said:

• Lots of people struggling with environment setup - you don’t need to craft the payload yourself… you can re-use another…

To root I crafted my own after struggling to figure out a better way to make it happen.
I knew there ha to be something more elegant.
I’d love to discuss with your alternate approach. Can you pm?

Type your comment> @ExCommunicado said:

Okay I came upon an article that explains about something “DIRTY”. Got an exploit related to it but the system is not vulnerable to it. Do I need to change something in that? Or am I on the wrong track? Trying for root.

There are two versions of this well-known exploit, right? Try to read the second one thoroughly, everything you need as a “payload” is there :wink:

I keep getting a SC* is already installed but then when I go to run it I get
bash: sc i**t: command not found

but the blog says this is how to do it.

Type your comment

Type your comment> @0x746b72 said:

Okay I came upon an article that explains about something “DIRTY”. Got an exploit related to it but the system is not vulnerable to it. Do I need to change something in that? Or am I on the wrong track? Trying for root.

There are two versions of this well-known exploit, right? Try to read the second one thoroughly, everything you need as a “payload” is there :wink:

but does this still require snake script or am i supposed to use sc

I have got br********* user salted hash password from ****l. But I don’t know what to do next it is salted. I am new to pentesting this is my second ctf. I just need hint.

Type your comment> @secretninja said:

I have got br********* user salted hash password from ****l. But I don’t know what to do next it is salted. I am new to pentesting this is my second ctf. I just need hint.

Crack that fucker. Hashcat took a whole 30 secs with the right word list on my ancient laptop.

Type your comment> @RageWire said:

Crack that fucker. Hashcat took a whole 30 secs with the right word list on my ancient laptop.

Finally ! Drupal 7 uses different hashing mechanism but finally done it. Thanks for hashcat i was using sha512+salt but that is wrong

Type your comment> @ninja92001 said:

i tried writing payload to .s*** file and installing it. it is not working. i am not aware of any method to run bash command via sc.yaml file. Help!!

(Quote)
i tried writing payload to .s*** file and installing it. it is not working. i am not aware of any method to run bash command via sc.yaml file. Help!!

Check out config and install hooks. Also remember there are only a few shared locations in the filesystem. Etc is one.

(Quote)

Check out config and install hooks. Also remember there are only a few shared locations in the filesystem. Etc is one.

RageWire, can I DM you?

Have you read a comment on top of the TRJAN_S**P ‘’'paload definition’‘’ in the Python script? You don’t need anything more :wink:

@0x746b72 said:

Have you read a comment on top of the TRJAN_S**P ‘’'paload definition’‘’ in the Python script? You don’t need anything more :wink:

Yes I saw that in the dirty “foot covering”.

But I am still learning how to snap my fingers, if you know what i mean.

Do I need to run m***l in a specific directory? I believe I have the command right but it keeps dumping me the “man” page instead of my query.

(Quote)
RageWire, can I DM you?

Sure. No problem.

Finally rooted. root was a bit tricky but fun nevertheless.

I must be silly but can’t open a shell with the well know exploit… something I missed? Maybe a misconfiguration. If anyone has any nudge I would be thankful.

Can anyone please help me with root. I crafted the s*** payload but it seems like a wrong direction …

Thanks for this box. I have learned something totally new which took me 2 days to get this working as expected :slight_smile:

for foothold simply run the basic enumerations and check what you have on your box to help you to get in.

for user simply review what you got from foothold and how to use also existing tools on your box to get in.

for root: don’t make it too complex but understand what the tool is doing and how to manage this.

Oh my god finally rooted, struggling a lot for this part. I had to write code to craft the payload myself, idk if anyone has a better approach
Foothold: Need some enumeration + CVE
User: Think about how the whole website work and connected, you’ll find your way
Root: Understand what the tool is doing and how to use it, then you can create your own s*** :wink: