Official Armageddon Discussion

Type your comment> @obfucipher said:

This might help you: https://snapcraft.io/docs/installing-snapcraft
Personally, I used a Ubuntu VM.

It works fine on Kali as well.

I’m bashing my head into a wall right now…
Got initial foothold under a*e using a popular framework. Cannot seem to connect to ml, even from the shell. Tried port forwarding and still no luck. BTW, I have the credentials to connect, but can’t seem to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: NM, hahahaha… found the alternative, and much simpler, method :wink:

To solve that machine enumeration is a key you already have everything infront of you…
Root part is pretty simple if u stay on the genuine approach…
You must find out a way to solve what you found…

Type your comment> @pL4sTiC said:

Got initial foothold under a*e using a popular framework. Cannot seem to connect to ml, even from the shell. Tried port forwarding and still no luck. BTW, I have the credentials to connect, but can’t seem to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same issue here - maybe it’s a rabithole, or wrong creds?

EDIT: nevermind :smile: syntax

Rooted.

This box is both easy and hard. Easy to discover the entry points but requires some specific knowledge and toolsets to exploit.

SE Linux was a bit of a pain in the buttons at one point but nice to see it.

I’ll be very interested in seeing exactly how others rooted this one. Mine was ugly but worked. Will watch for walkthroughs.

I’ve found that in both htb I’ve done so far… Super easy to find the vector of attack but you need some specific knowledge. So you spend a day learning something that you never needed to use before. Not a bad experience but definitely can be frustrating.

finally rooted.
user was pretty easy, but I don’t know whats going on root way, Ican’t get it all day long, but on the next day I did all the same things and got root…
???

tips above enough

Rooted, pretty funny priv esc part, but may seems hard, when u understand the path to root and googling around will do a good job

curious how people crafted. struggling with doing it from a container, thinking about spinning up a VMware instance of ubuntu?

foothold - don’t overthink it, search it.
user - you already know from the hints
root - it’s all about setting up the right environment

I have a shell with the user a****e but can’t find the password, only found the username b***********n. Any help? I saw some people saying to look at services and stuff, tried to search the command for that, but can’t find anything that works

Type your comment> @UnknownRobot said:

I have a shell with the user a****e but can’t find the password, only found the username b***********n. Any help? I saw some people saying to look at services and stuff, tried to search the command for that, but can’t find anything that works

You can msg me if you’re stuck.

I think that there are two ways to do root, both oriented around the same program. One of them requires crafting correctly (and you may struggle with setting up the environment like I did depending on how your machine is configured) and the other relies on modifying an older vuln (but I was forced to revert the box before it worked).

Got user pretty easy
And I have some lights on what I have to do to get root. Can someone help me building the s***?

getting a foothold and user was actually harder for me than getting root.

foothold : look around google, OSINT.
user : ENUMERATE, ENUMERATE, ENUMERATE, all you need is already where you are.
root : there’s a known exploit, you just need to craft it for your needs.

There are actually a lot of hints on this discussion, so if you’re having a hard time… just read everything here from page 1 to end.

good luck!.

guys can you help me i cant open any websites from htb when i go to open any of then the error shows dns probe finished nxdomain in any box i checked everything from fixing dns and setting it to google and resetting network manger i just cant open the websites ending in .htb so please help me i am new here

@Darksward27 said:

guys can you help me i cant open any websites from htb when i go to open any of then the error shows dns probe finished nxdomain in any box i checked everything from fixing dns and setting it to google and resetting network manger i just cant open the websites ending in .htb so please help me i am new here

Three points:

• you need to add the domains to your hosts file. HTB doesn’t use DNS (and it would be a bit weird if it tried to really), so you have to tell your computer what IP address are which hostname.
  • you probably should work through the Starting Point boxes.
  • you might also want to look at the academy site to learn some of the basics.

Type your comment> @pL4sTiC said:

EDIT: NM, hahahaha… found the alternative, and much simpler, method :wink:

Hey, could you PM me the alternate method? I’ve been trying to connect to the database, but to no avail. I have the creds.

Hint: For those with trouble connecting to m***l.
There are other ways of dumping it :wink:

Foothold: The clue is in the name.
User: A little two-step and then you can get in through the frontdoor.
Root: The master of an older generation can show you the way with his teachings.

Getting the thing to actually build seemed to be the hardest part.

Just got root on this after some really stupid mistakes. Couple tips on getting root from user:

• Lots of people struggling with environment setup - you don’t need to craft the payload yourself… you can re-use another…
  • If it doesn’t work, think about why - read and understand the error, google is your friend :slight_smile:

Can someone dm me and help fix my c***t yaml? I keep getting segmentation fault after install…