Poison

Finally rooted the box. Things make sense when you connect the dots… At times you have to go out of the box… And I appreciate the people here on the forum sharing hints and knowledge… Thanks a ton to everyone!

Thanks everybod, i managed to solve, this machine left me with a headache, i was poisoned hahahahaah

So I have the zip file unlocked, see the service running as root, tried using the secrets content as a password in other ways besides pasting. But nothing I do works. Can someone DM me with a hint?

ignore my previous comment I was able to get it with some good old fashion google. I was way off when I last posted, sort of.

so i posted before that i got root, but it felt like a fluke. ive tried again and cant seem to get it to work. can anyone PM me kind of a breakdown of the commands and why theyre structured the way they are

Hi, is anyone avalaible for PM ? I’m trying to get the root, and I think I’m getting close.

Guys I am new as well can anyone PM me please I am not sure for what processes you are talking about can someone please contact me to clear this for me ?
Thanks

I have not opened the zip file yet. :frowning:

I just opened the secret.zip, for a hint I can say that everything is in front of your eyes, however I am struggling with the service, can someone help me please, PM me.

@Seph0ra said:
I just opened the secret.zip, for a hint I can say that everything is in front of your eyes, however I am struggling with the service, can someone help me please, PM me.

enumerate and enumerate!! check what service are running on machine… (Hint: there are not much)

@ph3on1x said:

@Seph0ra said:

enumerate and enumerate!! check what service are running on machine… (Hint: there are not much)

@ph3on1x
Can I please PM you.

I need help for dummies, preferably on discord “Avi Shabat#3980”(pm is good as well just slower).
I’ve unzipped the zip file, don’t have a clue on how to use it.
I saw the service and looked at tried to connect to it with ssh without success.
I tried the metasploit exploit.
I can connect to the server regularly but inside the window that opens I don’t have root privilege.
also 50% of the times the password doesn’t work and I need to try again later…

If anyone still has doubts about how to be poisoned, PM me =)

@L0s3r said:

If anyone still has doubts about how to be poisoned, PM me =)

This guy is aw3s0me3!! :smiley:

Just got root, awesome box, however, many new thing were learned. Tip, to get root just take a look at both commands’ man page and you will find the right answer ! hope its not a spoiler Good Luck !

Got root on this one, such an awesome box this is, learnt a lot of new things and enumeration techniques

remember guys everything you need to crack it is right infront of your eyes
Any hints needed anyone can message me or can hit me up on discord at [Ruthvik#7626]

Good luck Everyone !!

well I’m literally stuck, I managed to get user, I enumerated several times, I noticed some services, I used the 3letter-word service, I still have to open that f*****g secret.zip I tried lots of passwords, used john but it doesn’t recognize the hash, used fcrackzip but nothing… I feel so stupid but I need some hints please… I followed all of your hints guys but none of them worked, dammit.

First time enumerating I got the services a little down the way that i will not mention by name but now I cant seem to find them. If anyone has some advice or pointers, please feel free DM me.

I’ve got the file from the zip and I know what service to use. I just can’t figure out what to do with the file. I tried to SSH using this service but always get rejected. Anyone a tip on this matter? Would really appreciate it!

@elyst said:
I’ve got the file from the zip and I know what service to use. I just can’t figure out what to do with the file. I tried to SSH using this service but always get rejected. Anyone a tip on this matter? Would really appreciate it!

You have to analyze the whole sentence from enumerating the box. That should be a crucial key in helping you! Also, make sure you read and bear in mind the possible options that you will need to use in the future!