Official Ready Discussion

Ayyyyy 1st time getting user.txt with no nudges. Good feeling!

nice and easy box. I think this is a good beginner machine. user did go down very quickly so I got myself cocky and karma slapped me in the face for that.
so for root1 lesson learned: if the witch cant find the snake, dont assume it is not there, it is just hiding under the rails. snake can help you getting a proper shell. once you find the juicy info use it. root2: google on how to get out of the cage; this is well known method.
Best

was a good one even if d***** is totally new for me.
The user part was just more simple as expected in view of the rating. But I did another GL device last week with nearly the same foothold.

One hint in this thread helped me out to escape.
Thx for that nice experience. Learned a lot.

Foothold: Found a helpful snake, but it was a bit moody. It worked once I hard-coded some things. You can grab the user flag with the foothold.

Upgrading shells is a useful skill to have.

Local: I wasted so much time on this. There is just so much to sieve through and things that look useful, but are actually useless. I recommend liberal enum withfind and grep. In the end the solution is easier than you probably thought.

Root: This is easy, just google and follow basic tutorials

It was a easy one ‘Ready’… Got user and root… Try try…

Type your comment> @Arty0m said:

Can anyone help me figure out how to escape? i’m assuming i need to use a certain password to su but i’m really struggling to get a tty. this isn’t something i’ve done before so i might be missing something obvious but all the techniques i’ve come across aren’t installed on the box. Can anyone give me an idea about what i should be looking into?

Any files in your user might help you… To privesc… After getting shell… Files like config files…

Advice for this machine;

ESCAPE!

Any more info please DM.

Just got the user flag! I found two files, one with an private rsa which tried to use as root and the user and no luck… On the second file found some smtp password, but I haven’t been able to use it anywhere either…
Any advise or hint?

@thorthehacker said:

Just got the user flag! I found two files, one with an private rsa which tried to use as root and the user and no luck… On the second file found some smtp password, but I haven’t been able to use it anywhere either…
Any advise or hint?

This is going to suck but “try harder”…

You say you haven’t been able to use it anywhere, that might just mean you haven’t tried the right thing.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@thorthehacker said:

Any advise or hint?

This is going to suck but “try harder”…

You say you haven’t been able to use it anywhere, that might just mean you haven’t tried the right thing.

Thank you so much, it was so easy… Sometimes you just need to go away from the computer so the ideas flow :slight_smile:

Ooof. Got user, and have “root”. But getting out is really hard for me. I’ve tried a few things but at this point i’m more interesting in learning. Can anyone point me in a direction of a tutorial for this part? I’m lost.

nvm, got it. What a FANTASTIC box.

Well that was fun. Initial foothold and final root flag probably took 10% of my whole time. Really upped my “find” game with this box.

Great box.

i got root shell.
DM for help

Can I PM someone for help? I’ve got user, used linpeas, looked through a lot of stuff and still not a step closer than I was when I first got user.

@ExCommunicado said:

Can I PM someone for help? I’ve got user, used linpeas, looked through a lot of stuff and still not a step closer than I was when I first got user.

You need to enumerate. Read the optional things which you don’t normally find on a box here. Get the loot from that, use it.

Then you need to find a way to get out of the thing you are in but it is easier with your new privs.

Hi! I get user flag and exec linpeas, but i dont see how root privesc. Pls dm me for help. Thx!

@str3ss01d said:

Hi! I get user flag and exec linpeas, but i dont see how root privesc. Pls dm me for help. Thx!

Read the post immediately before yours.

Rooted! Its my first medium box)
rooted laboratory box before ready box

Got shell as g* user found some creds in a non-default folder. Maybe for r****-c**. really not to sure where to go from here. Can anyone give a nudge?