Official LoveTok Discussion

Stuck here, any hints?

Could I have a small little nudge as well? I can send you what I’ve tried already

Could someone give me a nudge on this one!? I imagine what the attack vector is, but can’t bypass it

Ah ah I finally got it!!!
My little advice, really take the time to run your own docker container and check what’s it happening using error_log().

Little hint… You’ll need a few USD to solve it :slight_smile:
Pretty nice challenge but took me a good day to solve it. Now time for the Weather App.

Hi there, I see the vector and have info(), php string is solution, but stuck in get flag. Any hint about that?

Oh hi, I have resolved that ? I was so dump. PHP string is the key :v:

any Hints ?
I think that there is something about addslashes :disappointed:
EDIT:
OH ? , I did it :wink:
Nice Challenge Dude

I did it with a little nudge of @cdt. If anyone wants a nudge hit me up!

Will anyone please give me i hint about getting initial access to this box Thanks

Finally got this one. Hint to others: To actually exploit I needed to look into some interesting behavior (not well documented) PHP has with executing functions when all you control is variable expansion.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for a cool challenge ! I am curious how other people exploited it, as I think there’s several ways to do it (using the same vuln).

If you need a hint, DM me with what you have tried and I will provide a nudge :smile:

A little nudge for those who are not familiar with PHP, there is something in common with other scripting languages (e.g Bash), related to string parsing.

STUCKED

i found the vulnerability , but i cant exploit it , i think there are some filtering. can anyone give a little hint.

The worst challenge ever and too boring cuz of php.

I’ve got the info, but really struggling to go any further. Can I message someone please?

I put a lot of logging code to the source code to see what is happening in the background. I suspect two vulnerable functions. However, when I try injection using multi-byte characters my log messages become empty strings and the server does not break.
If anyone can give me a nudge, I would be very thankful.

As someone with minimal PHP experience, this was quite the frustrating “easy” challenge. I finally figured it out but it wasn’t a good looking solution by any means. I did learn a lot though!

Could anyone PM me a hint?

Spent a good 2 hours researching for techniques to bypass that one function…
As it turned out, DuckDuckGo may be excellent to have some privacy, but the search results can be quite bad. With Google, I did 2 searches and the answer was in the Top 3.

Also fell into a deep rabbit hole because I didn’t fully understand how the first technique I researched works, and that it isn’t applicable here. Some 2-3 hours lost in php -a

The vuln is obvious, how to package/structure/format/encode the payload is literally 10 minutes of Google. Really hard to give hints without spoiling everything.