Stratosphere

yesterday RCE was working. today im getting timeout error while running the python script. any help?

Nevermind it worked after i requested a reset

I was working on this box a while ago before I went away and I got RCE. However, using the same mathod I can no longer get RCE. I’ve reset the box too. Anyone able to help me out?

What is the error ? What doesn’t work ?

Lol, there is no Success with this box (.py)

@ymann said:
Hi guys, i have RCE found some creds but dont know if those are the only ones. Can somebody PM me for a hint?

Nevermind, got root!:slight_smile:

Just rooted this amazing BOX. I salute whoever built it :smiley:

Could someone PM me about how to get root? I have an idea, but I need a hint.

Got RCE, found two sets of credentials but can’t get to the r*****d user, anyone got a hint?

I have found two pairs of credentials but I do not know what I should do now. any hint ?

Rooted the box. It was really fun. However I got a big clue to the begining in this thread. I’d like to understand how someone found the first steps to begin with so if anyone who’s got RCE access without any hints could help me understand then that would be great.
Thanks

@Largoat said:
Rooted the box. It was really fun. However I got a big clue to the begining in this thread. I’d like to understand how someone found the first steps to begin with so if anyone who’s got RCE access without any hints could help me understand then that would be great.
Thanks

Feel free to PM me and I can explain (obviously not here so that I don’t spoil anything for others)

@Ic3M4n said:

@Largoat said:
Thanks

Feel free to PM me and I can explain (obviously not here so that I don’t spoil anything for others)

Thanks for the offer @Ic3M4n. I managed to figure it out by going back to the start and pretending as if I knew nothing about the box.

@Largoat said:

@Ic3M4n said:

@Largoat said:
Thanks

Thanks for the offer @Ic3M4n. I managed to figure it out by going back to the start and pretending as if I knew nothing about the box.

Cool, yeah it’s pretty straight forward, as with most the boxes it’s just about being thorough and enumerating well.

Got trolled, but gained more cracking power in the process!

found some ACTION but still can’t figure it out the RCE :(, can someone PM me the clue about the RCE

I have currently achieved RCE and done a bit of exploring. Only managed to find the user’s name, and 1 credential which I could not find a use for.

Can anyone drop me a PM to nudge me in the correction? Thanks!

finally got root, thank you @game0ver for pointing out the RCE!

Holy smokes, getting user was so much harder than root. The hint “be thorough” was really all I needed. Too many rabbit holes. OK, so I am still working on root, but at least I know what to do…

OK, I think the maker of the Stratosphere box is a sadist. root was not as easy as I originally imagined. Very clever challenge!

Got user, and now fighting with the last (.py) question … ■■■!