Official Ophiuchi Discussion

first box i managed to do without any hints. very straightforward , just needed some googlefu to figure everything out. enjoyed it a lot , thanks for the box!

finally rooted, what a ride to root, completely new territory for me, took me a while to understand how to feed the export method exactly.

if anyone need help, just pm me.

Enjoyed this box. Tip for foothold - if youre getting a 5** error READ THE WHOLE ERROR DUMP. Not just the titles. I wasted more than an hour making that mistake

Thanks @felamos, I had a great time :slight_smile:
What was particularly satisfying was how easy it was to get the foothold because the last time I had to deal with that kind of vuln, I struggled a lot to get it working. It feels good to see some progress on my end !
If anyone successfully managed to get his or her own crafted file working for the last part, I’d be happy to know. I tried several things but kept hitting segfaults.

For root part, i understood what needs to be done but was in the wrong place. i got the root flag after going to the right place. But can some give me more understanding about why the place mattered here. i didn’t get that part very well. send me a explanation in Pm. Thanks @felamos for this box, learnt a lot on this one.

Nice box, foothold and user is easy. Root trick was new to me but didn’t take much after bit of google fu. Thanks for nice box.

regarding foothold. Lots of people are talking on it’s simplicity but I had trouble getting shell to work. Specifically issues with my Simp******erver not working for whatever reason(maybe needed dif port? not sure) Anyway another python library program and that helped A LOT…
second, people talk a lot about the 500 error and reading the error messages, but for me that didn’t really help. maybe I’m to thick for I couldn’t figure out why something didn’t link? All files were called 200 so giving up I ended up using a different resource than the one giving the 500. that helped.
to root. i go

Pretty fun box. Definitely learned something new even if a lot of it was already on Github.

I had never heard of the thing needed for root before this - but it is fascinating.

Thanks @felamos - I actually enjoyed reading up on this.

Guys, is that normal if github.com/wasmerio/wasmer-go/wasmer is not recheable anymore ? Cause it make the machine unpwnable…

Type your comment> @m1tch404 said:

Guys, is that normal if github.com/wasmerio/wasmer-go/wasmer is not recheable anymore ? Cause it make the machine unpwnable…

The link works fine and plus that’s not the only tool on GitHub that you can use to edit the binary…

@m1tch404 said:

That seems to still be available on github but to confirm @sicario1337’s point - I didn’t use this tool.

Just go up a dir or two with that link, then you find the repo. But you don’t really need it anyway.

Thanks you all for your returns but didnt need this tool, actually it is used by the only program I can run (don’t want to spoil) → line 5 in the import section. So it returns me a “cannot find package” error…

Foothold: Don’t believe everything. And google is your friend. Actually read the errors.

Local: Very basic enum.

root: More basic enum to find the obvious goal. Getting the ball over the finish line takes a bit of studying. The creators of this technology have everything you need.

Just rooted the box. Feel free to pm me for questions.

Hello, I have some trouble with my reverse shell.
The server downloads the "META-/s*/..Factory and snake/**.class but I don’t think the payload is running…
Can I have some hint ? :smile:

Thanks you all for your returns but didnt need this tool, actually it is used by the only program I can run (don’t want to spoil) → line 5 in the import section. So it returns me a “cannot find package” error…

The program you’re talking about can definitely be executed. I haven’t solved how to get it to do what I want yet, but you should double check…
You can run that program without importing/installing anything. Don’t know if the thing it is importing will be useful later, though

id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)```
Very good machine, I have learned a lot in the process to get root. Recommended to find a way to make the m*.w* file "understandable". Any hints PM. 

this is a fun machine, and i finally managed to rooted it
if any of you guys need any hint just DM me, im willing to help you :blush:

I finally managed to root the machine. I spent a lot of time trying to compile stuff for the root part, but there is an easier solution. If you need any help let me know.