Official ScriptKiddie Discussion

Type your comment> @phr0zengh0st said:

Type your comment> @1z3n said:

i always get an error in OS linux. annoying.

Believe this is by design.

ahhhhhh! planned failures always crush me on these, makes sense now looking back at it

Got root flag without rooting shell :hushed: PM for nuggets. ESP spoken too ptos!

Hi, did anyone else got:
“bash: 1’: ambiguous redirect”
when trying to create a reverse shell from h****s file?

I am seeing the same error.
Can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong thats causing the error?

@refael said:

Hi, did anyone else got:
“bash: 1’: ambiguous redirect”
when trying to create a reverse shell from h****s file?

@rsingh41 said:

I am seeing the same error.
Can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong thats causing the error?

I never saw this error.

I suspect it is down to how you are trying to generate a reverse shell.

Yet another “bash: 1 #: ambiguous redirect”, here. This must be related to the way we are injecting some characters into that file.

Has anyone tried to do the foothold manually? Every time I go to upload the naughty bits I get ‘something went wrong’… not a whole lot of configurations can be set so I’m not sure as to what it is

User Error

Type your comment> @deibit said:

Yet another “bash: 1 #: ambiguous redirect”, here. This must be related to the way we are injecting some characters into that file.

i thought the same, i tried researching this, and tried to form the payload from scratch but i still get the same error.
initially i thought it might be the copy paste error of quotes, but naah this wasnt it

@rsingh41 said:

i thought the same, i tried researching this, and tried to form the payload from scratch but i still get the same error.
initially i thought it might be the copy paste error of quotes, but naah this wasnt it

Have you tried using a different port? I have no idea what is causing this but in general the (fairly useless) error message normally means:

• there are issues with whitespace vs quotes (you’ve eliminated this)
  • bash cant work out where to send the stdout. This could be if there are multiple lines in the file (more than 1 person is hitting the box for example) or if the ports are conflicting with other activity.

@TazWake said:
@rsingh41 said:

Have you tried using a different port? I have no idea what is causing this but in general the (fairly useless) error message normally means:

• there are issues with whitespace vs quotes (you’ve eliminated this)
  • bash cant work out where to send the stdout. This could be if there are multiple lines in the file (more than 1 person is hitting the box for example) or if the ports are conflicting with other activity.

i guess i have the box to myself… i had subscribed for the vip. So that should rule out the 2nd too.
But yeah have tried different ports as well

im i the only one whos facing a certain problem with the working of the special file thats not far from home to go lateral, where it closes my nc that i have running to listen?

what weird about the error is if i write the payload
** 0>&1’
it gives me above mentioned error.
If i add a space there:
** 0>&1 ’
this gives me a different error, which is, -i : bash: command not found

yeah i dont get any feedback from it, i dont use any quotation and my nc i have running locally just closes the moment i hit enter on the ssh session

EDIT i also echo the payload directly into the file

@rsingh41 said:

what weird about the error is if i write the payload
** 0>&1’
it gives me above mentioned error.
If i add a space there:
** 0>&1 ’
this gives me a different error, which is, -i : bash: command not found

Are you terminating it with: 0>&1' # "

I get that you’ve eliminated quote errors but the command not found message really does imply something isn’t being escaped out properly.

If you are using echo to append this to the file, double check it isn’t trying to evaluate something before it writes it.

Little late in the game but finally did it. Took me forever to find the pivot - I was already feelin bad based on the comments - but finally managed. DM if you need a nudge, I’ll be more than happy to help.

Also got the "“bash: 1 #: ambiguous redirect” Error.
Could please someone help?
It happens when I copy and paste the Code.

After deleting and retyping the ’ I get an answer on nc but I’m still just normal user.
After changing the " no answer on nc side.

EDIT:
Can someone explain what exactly the issue is with copy and pasting? what do I have to do to avoid issues with that?

@R3ydar said:

EDIT:
Can someone explain what exactly the issue is with copy and pasting? what do I have to do to avoid issues with that?

Just an assumption:
Many websites/CMSes/blog-engines automatically convert “straight” quotes to “typographic” quotes. And those are completely different characters which bash (or your shell in general) handles differently. And thus, things you intended to quote (to protect them from immediate interpretation) are actually unquoted and thus get interpreted “too early”.

Got second user shell now going for root. A HBT user said “something you should not run as root” and others said “no need shell to get root flag”. I’d been enumerating usual places and running processes but nothing stands by my radar. Any nudges for me? Thank you.

having problems with s***s.sh file, i can’t write on hs file even if i change it with chmod and if i remove this file and create a new one, the first script is no longer executed (im monitoring with pspy)

any hint?

@deibit said:

Got second user shell no going for root. A HBT user said “something you should not run as root” and others said “no need shell to get root flag”. I’d been enumerating usual places and running processes but nothing stands by my radar. Any nudges for me? Thank you.

Have a look at what is in the folder of the account you want to target. You can see the commands it includes running.