Official TheNotebook Discussion

Very interesting box so far. I’m stuck on the privesc; not really sure where to go from here. It’s a head-scratcher.

EDIT: I’m an idiot. As always, the answer was to actually enumerate properly instead of improperly.

Hello,

I think I’ve found a way to get a foothold and have got the machine to successfully request a file from my machine, but I’m not sure where to go from there.

I’ve also noticed that I can edit a few values somewhere but have gotten no results.

Am I even on the right track? A nudge would be appreciated

need help at foothold please. I’m out of left options

Got RCE but stuck on PrivEsc ; funny route to RCE

Got RCE but stuck on PrivEsc ; funny route to RCE

@update got first user xD is pretty easy

Rooted~ funny box if u need hint write me a PM

Got RCE but stuck on Privesc

Rooted.
Pretty easy machine in comparison to other medium boxes.
P.M. for a nudge

stuck on privesc to root, can I get a nudge please i tried everything i could think off

Just got foothold, love it!

Thanks for the fun box @mostwanted002! :slight_smile:

Nice box, I was a bit off on the beginning because my “exploit” didn’t work but after a while it started so I don’t really know why. Anyway rooted :smiley:

Thanks for the good machine mostly the root part @mostwanted002 :smiley:

Finally rooted this one. Nice box @mostwanted002!

Foothold was definitely the funniest part for me.

For user: enumerate enumerate enumerate, and beware the rabbit holes. There’s a pretty huge one I fell into and took me a lot of time, but I learned new stuff in the process, so I guess I don’t regret going down to it ¯\(ツ)

Root is maybe the easiest part: consider what you can do, maybe take a look at rate matrix for hints on what you should enumerate.

PM me for hints, but make sure to include proof that you have done your homeworks :wink:

Thank you, everyone! Your feedback means a lot. I’ll be trying to make more submissions ahead. :smiley:

Very enjoyable machine. I learned something new, thanks @mostwanted002

id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
root@thenotebook:/#

What a journey,learned new things,overall nice box :slight_smile:

Got user ¯_(ツ)_/¯ but struggle with root part so far. ? for a nudge how to use that ock* command i could run under root rights.

Rooted nice machine thanks to machine creator

Don’t really get it hahah. Am I supposed to hit the so**** on loho via the j* co****? Cause I tried pretty much everything else :smiley: rofl I don’t get it ahha

Anyone got a nudge on root? cant seem to get the root shell to kick

Nevermind i got it