Official TheNotebook Discussion

Official discussion thread for TheNotebook. Please do not post any spoilers or big hints.

Good luck, everyone! This is my first submission for the platform. Looking forward to having your precious feedback to create more content. :slight_smile:

The machine appears to be living up to it’s difficulty level

Type your comment> @mostwanted002 said:

Good luck, everyone! This is my first submission for the platform. Looking forward to having your precious feedback to create more content. :slight_smile:

So far so good! Struggling so far :wink:

Enjoying your machine friend!

Apreciando sua maquina amigo!

Very interesting box so far. I’m stuck on the privesc; not really sure where to go from here. It’s a head-scratcher.

EDIT: I’m an idiot. As always, the answer was to actually enumerate properly instead of improperly.

Hello,

I think I’ve found a way to get a foothold and have got the machine to successfully request a file from my machine, but I’m not sure where to go from there.

I’ve also noticed that I can edit a few values somewhere but have gotten no results.

Am I even on the right track? A nudge would be appreciated

need help at foothold please. I’m out of left options

Got RCE but stuck on PrivEsc ; funny route to RCE

Got RCE but stuck on PrivEsc ; funny route to RCE

@update got first user xD is pretty easy

Rooted~ funny box if u need hint write me a PM

Got RCE but stuck on Privesc

Rooted.
Pretty easy machine in comparison to other medium boxes.
P.M. for a nudge

stuck on privesc to root, can I get a nudge please i tried everything i could think off

Just got foothold, love it!

Thanks for the fun box @mostwanted002! :slight_smile:

Nice box, I was a bit off on the beginning because my “exploit” didn’t work but after a while it started so I don’t really know why. Anyway rooted :smiley:

Thanks for the good machine mostly the root part @mostwanted002 :smiley:

Finally rooted this one. Nice box @mostwanted002!

Foothold was definitely the funniest part for me.

For user: enumerate enumerate enumerate, and beware the rabbit holes. There’s a pretty huge one I fell into and took me a lot of time, but I learned new stuff in the process, so I guess I don’t regret going down to it ¯\(ツ)

Root is maybe the easiest part: consider what you can do, maybe take a look at rate matrix for hints on what you should enumerate.

PM me for hints, but make sure to include proof that you have done your homeworks :wink:

Thank you, everyone! Your feedback means a lot. I’ll be trying to make more submissions ahead. :smiley:

Very enjoyable machine. I learned something new, thanks @mostwanted002