Valentine

@xeexfix059 said:

@cExplr said:

@xeexfix059 said:
I have the key, and I believe the passphrase…however when I try and use the key I get “Load Key : invalid format”…so not sure what’s going on there. Tried multiple means of obtaining the key just in case something messed up. Anyone else figure out what’s up with the key format?

A Good chance that the passphrase might be wrong. (I may be wrong). Try verifying. There is a way of confirming that the passphrase is right. Tel me if i am wrong about this.

So I used the passphrase abc, and the prompt was repeated, I used the potential passphrase and received the “Invalid Format” error, so I believe my passphrase is correct.

I guess my main concern is - is there an issue with the key format? I’ve spent a good amount of time just looking at that.

Not too user if this helps but you can look up how RSA private key looks like.
Once that is confirmed, there is a way to check if passphrase is correct. Once you know, you can actually extract the information in the private key and view their contents.

Just rooted. user took me half a day and root 10 min -_- if you need any help PM me

Finally rooted!

It took me days to get user access, because I was too dumb, skipping the basic enumeration and going directly to the exploit.

1. Do the basic enum first! You will find something interesting.
  2. The exploit will return you some helpful data too
  3. 1+1 = 2
  4. Yet again, basic enumeration! Are there some suspicious folders or files?

Regards

hi gays,
any hint about priv escalation i found a service lanched as root any hint for exploitation
i can request from my host 6**

Hello! I’m inside the machine and I’m trying to get the priv esc, but I’ve not found any clue where can I start. Someone could give me a hint?

rooted, pm if you need

Took me WAY longer than it should have to get user.txt, already had the info literally right in my face!.. Definitely not one to over complicate!

how to get the user i got the decode txt and when i try to ssh with it and some user names its not working i tried several usernames names but still no use any hints would be helpful

I’ve got an SSH private key, but cannot find the passphrase. I’ve tried the exploit, but can see no meaningful information there. I’ve tried the exploit with Metasploit and a Pyhthon alternative. I’ve found the encoder/decoder, but don’t have anything to put through it yet. My guess was finding information through the exploit and running it through the encoder/decoder. Please pm me any tips on getting the passphrase! Many thanks!

Anyone able to pm me a hint on the none ‘Dirty’ way to root?

@Daylightfire said:
Anyone able to pm me a hint on the none ‘Dirty’ way to root?

Nm Rooted.

Valentine Rooted

I am stuck with root. The dirty way is not working for me. Going the proper way, I found one "s"pecial file that makes me believe is the right one. Could someone give me a hint for the proper way to get root?

I’m getting 2 RSA keys but none have the DECRYPT line in them so no need for the passphrase, is there a 3rd one I can get if I just spam the box?

if somebody needs help PM me

Anyone able to pm me advice on where to look for the non dirty privesc? I’ve run linenum and manually looked around the box for the last couple of hours but I’m not seeing anything that looks out of place.

very interesting machine. i had a very hard time with user but got root in no time. Anyone who needs help can PM me. If you are struggling maybe try searching for directories that might not show up with a regular ls command

@Tim0x01 said:
Anyone able to pm me advice on where to look for the non dirty privesc? I’ve run linenum and manually looked around the box for the last couple of hours but I’m not seeing anything that looks out of place.

Literally see what is running as root and test all things you see in it without assuming anything.

@xfy said:
I’m getting 2 RSA keys but none have the DECRYPT line in them so no need for the passphrase, is there a 3rd one I can get if I just spam the box?

There is no third one. In fact, I dealt with it with just one encrypted one.

@Underworld said:
I’ve got an SSH private key, but cannot find the passphrase. I’ve tried the exploit, but can see no meaningful information there. I’ve tried the exploit with Metasploit and a Pyhthon alternative. I’ve found the encoder/decoder, but don’t have anything to put through it yet. My guess was finding information through the exploit and running it through the encoder/decoder. Please pm me any tips on getting the passphrase! Many thanks!

That is correct! Search hard in the exploit!