HTB PwnBox

@bsang said:

When using enum tools like gobuster or dirb against the target machines, it fails right away with connection failures. Ping and curl is normal.
I don’t know why. Any clue?

• This is probably best asked in the thread relevant to the box.
  • It depends how you are trying to use the tools, its probably down to using a domain name you haven’t put in the hosts file but it could be that there is no webservice running.
  • If you provide more detail in the relevant thread, you can get a more specific answer.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@bsang said:

When using enum tools like gobuster or dirb against the target machines, it fails right away with connection failures. Ping and curl is normal.
I don’t know why. Any clue?

• This is probably best asked in the thread relevant to the box.
  • It depends how you are trying to use the tools, its probably down to using a domain name you haven’t put in the hosts file but it could be that there is no webservice running.
  • If you provide more detail in the relevant thread, you can get a more specific answer.

You’re right. I’ve just checked the following iptable rule in the target machine.
It seems I need to decrease the hit count from the tools.
I’ve never encountered this kind of error because my vpn is quite slower than Pwnbox vpn.
Thanks for your comment.

-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -m tcp -m state --state NEW -m recent --update --seconds 1 --hitcount 40 --name HTTP --mask 255.255.255.255 --rsource -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

I’m not sure if been requested but an “extend timer” option on pwnbox would be awesome. I assume the 8 hour timer was put so people wouldn’t hog resources when not in use but it’s definitely happened a few times that I’ve gone back to it after researching something and it’s dead.

Type your comment> @HcKy said:

I’m not sure if been requested but an “extend timer” option on pwnbox would be awesome. I assume the 8 hour timer was put so people wouldn’t hog resources when not in use but it’s definitely happened a few times that I’ve gone back to it after researching something and it’s dead.

That’s a very good point… any answer about it?

This is not appropriate conduct here

apt-update issue with Pwnbox:

rr:1 http://htb.deb.parrot.sh/parrot rolling InRelease
The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 363A96A5CEA9EA27

To solve the issue:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://ha.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 --recv-keys 363A96A5CEA9EA27

■■■■, new issue to start the Pwnbox instance:

Could not mount personal drive

Type your comment> @choupit0 said:

■■■■, new issue to start the Pwnbox instance:

Could not mount personal drive

Issue solved. My personal drive was somehow corrupted.

Hi. Is the Pwnbox likely to be updated? Some of the updates are very big.

Type your comment> @pasmx said:

Hi. Is the Pwnbox likely to be updated? Some of the updates are very big.

Yes, very very big…

Hi, I found I cannot spawn Pwnbox even I have time left,
When I click start, the web UI show “Starting…” and same screen after 20 minutes
I have tried to respwan new Pwnbox, but the UI just said “You already have a active instance”, but where is it? I cannot find it :confused:

Type your comment> @roger6 said:

When I click start, the web UI show “Starting…” and same screen after 20 minutes
I have tried to respwan new Pwnbox, but the UI just said “You already have a active instance”, but where is it? I cannot find it :confused:

Same here. I’m hoping it’s something temporary and not burning through my allowance.

@roger6 said:

@wuffoking said:

Same here. I’m hoping it’s something temporary and not burning through my allowance.

I’d suggest raising a jira helpdesk ticket for this. It is very, very rare for HTB staff to read the forums and I don’t know of any way that the service desk team can become aware of the problem if they aren’t told.

Type your comment> @wuffoking said:

It burned my allowance now… /cry

i need help please on solving this issue: Send a GET request to flag.php with two parameters num1 and num2 such that their sum is 1337.

@biggybiggyrich said:

i need help please on solving this issue: Send a GET request to flag.php with two parameters num1 and num2 such that their sum is 1337.

Its probably best to ask this in a thread for the box you are working on.

@TazWake said:

@roger6 said:

@wuffoking said:

I’d suggest raising a jira helpdesk ticket for this. It is very, very rare for HTB staff to read the forums and I don’t know of any way that the service desk team can become aware of the problem if they aren’t told.

Thank you for the assistance here Taz!
You’re always so supportive of the members here and we really appreciate it.

We do rarely check the forums.
Definitely recommend, as Taz said, to raise a ticket on our support system linked in my signature.

Thank you guys! <3

In pwnbox don’t work
sudo apt update
or
sudo apt upgrade

I just get errors and 404 Not Found.
What i must to do? How i can upgrade the pwnbox?

Type your comment> @awaraqos said:

In pwnbox don’t work
sudo apt update
or
sudo apt upgrade

I just get errors and 404 Not Found.
What i must to do? How i can upgrade the pwnbox?

Sounds like a Jira Ticket that needs to be raised.
There is a link to Jira from the support page (or check out @0nenine9 Signature (right above your post)

I am getting an error as “Network unreachable” while executing the “Sudo apt update” command in the pwnbox instance and also HTTPS website not accessible from the pwnbox.

"
Cannot initiate the connection to deb.parrot.sh:443 (2402:1f00:8001:8d8:eeee:feed:dead:beef). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Cannot initiate the connection to deb.parrot.sh:443 (2402:1f00:8001:d2d:ffff:feed:dead:beef). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Cannot initiate the connection to deb.parrot.sh:443 (2001:41d0:602:3520:bbbb:feed:dead:beef). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Cannot initiate the connection to deb.parrot.sh:443 (2001:41d0:303:d269:aaaa:feed:dead:beef). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Cannot initiate the connection to deb.parrot.sh:443 (2607:5300:203:7094:dddd:feed:dead:beef). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Cannot initiate the connection to deb.parrot.sh:443 (2001:41d0:403:2f9c:cccc:feed:dead:beef). - connect (101: Network is unreachable)
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
"
How can I upgrade the pwnbox?