Official Ophiuchi Discussion

root@ophiuchi:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Type your comment> @Gr4yKT said:

Type your comment> @p00dl3 said:

cant get the ■■■■ thing to execute code

the same thing is happening to me

Same. :smiley:

Loved this box. One of the first of this difficulty that I’ve rooted without any hints whatsoever.

Foothold: probably gonna want to use a web proxy like B*** - try to break the thing. Some careful google-fu can yield some interesting info and some great tutorials.

User: a bit trivial. The name is a big giveaway.

Root: This took me a while to figure out. Usual enum, then once you found a thing, where you are is important. You may have to get your hands dirty with some new stuff.

Thanks for the wonderful box - I think it deserves a much higher quality rating.

EDIT: lots of people are saying to edit the w file - just putting it out that that it is possible to create your own. I got segfaults when using the language you would think to use, but there’s lots of other options out there. A weird version of a commonly mocked scripting language did the trick for me.

Type your comment> @pizzapower said:

I can get a connection back to my box, but something isn’t working correctly for me. lol

edit: got a foothold, but looks like I was beaten to it

i can get a connection back too. but i have no idea on how can i get revershell.

My advice for you guys trying to get foothold… if you get a 500 debug/dump screen… read all the way through it… lol don’t be like me.

Wasted a hour until I noticed that :wink: could have had it soooo much sooner.

Interesting box, rough for my skillsets but tis how we learn so they say :tongue:

Type your comment> @PrivacyMonk3y said:

My advice for you guys trying to get foothold… if you get a 500 debug/dump screen… read all the way through it… lol don’t be like me.

Wasted a hour until I noticed that :wink: could have had it soooo much sooner.

Interesting box, rough for my skillsets but tis how we learn so they say :tongue:

your wasted hour saved me … thanks for the tip.

Rooted!

For the last step. You can use a web thing, and it’s as simple as you think it is, just cut out all of the other ■■■■, and use whatever old faithful tool you’ve used since the 70s.

– nvm

If only I knew enough java to know what to do with the ■■■■ 500

@deepansh0xB feel free to PM

Spoiler Removed

nice box, ty!

Got user. I think I know what I’m supposed to do for root. But I can’t find a way to generate the “w” file I need.

Type your comment> @FQuen said:

Got user. I think I know what I’m supposed to do for root. But I can’t find a way to generate the “w” file I need.

we pronounce it wabbit github

Anyone have a nudge on the reverse shell? I have RCE but can’t create a connection back to my machine.

Rooted! That was a fun machine.
Definitely spent more time on google than my actual terminal but I learnt a few new things.
Feel free to PM me for nudges.

Type your comment> @bluesheep said:

Anyone have a nudge on the reverse shell? I have RCE but can’t create a connection back to my machine.

I had to try a bunch of different things - what worked for me is just googling a rev shell in the language I was writing in - who knew, right?

@bluesheep said:

As always with Java in particular (but also other server-side languages in general): Don’t try to build too complex payloads. Often, it is better to download (and then execute) a shellscript to the target machine, and make the script do all the heavy lifting.

@Sketrik I was 100% sure that I tried that and that it didn’t work, but I proved myself wrong, I have a reverse shell now. Thanks for making me try it again!

I really should pay more attention when changing variables in the pre-written ones I suppose.

@HomeSen Thanks for the tip! I’ll keep it in mind for the next boxes on my list.

i can’t get this ■■■■ thing to execute my special w file, it keeps seg faulting. :frowning: