Use "systemctl" command to list all units of services and submit the unit name with the description

Type your comment> @Marrz said:

Hi Nicksl,

Try this command, you should find the answer you’re looking for.

systemctl list-units --type=service | grep apparmor

Thank you so much man,it worked :heart:

1 Like

Spoiler Removed

Make sure you’re SSHed into the target box for that question otherwise the correct service won’t show up. systemctl |grep AppArmor works just as well to get the answer.
If you are connected to that box then do a reset because the service is there.

Hi @Gabrielbd7 this work, how say @HcKy only you have that access to virtuall machine web (instance) when you power on the machine access via ssh to target ip

" Questions
Answer the question(s) below to complete this Section and earn cubes!

Target: xx.xx.xxx.xxx "

and here you can receive all the answers.

Spoiler Removed

Spoiler?

@LPHermanos said:

Spoiler?

From the look of things, someone has reported a lot of posts a few hours ago. Unfortunately they don’t need to justify why they reported them.

Buddy, first make sure you are connected to SSH of htb-student and then use the format
systemctl list-units --type=service | grep apparmor

Same happens for me too. i used : systemctl list-units --type=service | grep apparmor and got the output of apparmor.service , however inserting this as the answer shows incorrect. any ideas please ??

Type your comment> @ninpodude said:

Same happens for me too. i used : systemctl list-units --type=service | grep apparmor and got the output of apparmor.service , however inserting this as the answer shows incorrect. any ideas please ??

Same issue here I cannot ssh in either I get a public key error for some reason…

@nero42 said:

Same issue here I cannot ssh in either I get a public key error for some reason…

Check the syntax of your SSH command.

Type your comment> @TazWake said:

@nero42 said:

@TazWake said:
@nero42 said:

ssh @
and after I get a error saying public key access. I have tried via cmd prompt - and puTty but still same error…

@nero42 said:

ssh @
and after I get a error saying public key access. I have tried via cmd prompt - and puTty but still same error…

Are you connected to the network when you to SSH in? Where are you running PuTTY from?

From a quick look at the lab:

• You start your instance
  • You spawn the target system
  • You SSH in with ssh htb-student@IPADDRESSPROVIEDED and enter password HTB_@cademy_stdnt!.

If you are getting a public key message, you are trying to SSH into the wrong thing.

i not understand format of apparmor.service :frowning:

i typing apparmor.service

It is extremely frustrating to find a system that seems so through, but completely fails to address such obvious issues. I’ve been suing Linux for over a decade, using everything from Elementary, to Arch, to CentOS. I am VERY confident in my ability to use basic utilities like Systemctl, and yet, I find myself unable to correctly answer this question, with no indication of why. The premise is simple, use systemctl to get a list of service units, enter the correct unit name, and submit. Unfortunately, the unit name is not accepted. I have tried with and without the .service, kebob case, camel case, pascal case, substituting a dash instead of the dot between the name and service, and yet I still find myself having to resort to trolling through forums looking for answers. So I end up on this thread, which very much seems like at one point it may have contained the information that I require, and yet HTB, in their wisdom, saw fit to further obfuscate this information needed to solve their question by removing most of the comments that might have been helpful.

I got it

I had the same problem. I found the actual answer and was encountering an error. It was one of two things presented to me after running the commands and grep and (of course) ssh’d in… I chose the correct answer because it had the proper descriptor but received an error saying it was the wrong answer and thus is how i found this thread.

my problem was I cut and pasted from the ssh session to the answer box and found an uneccesary space at the end of my answer. I removed it and everything was fine.

It’s not “apparmor.service” as the answer. The web-based instance spawn is no good, as it doesn’t show the correct service description. If you login to the actual VM they tell you to just before the question (I used the openvpn link) and do “systemctl list-units --type=service” you will get the correct service unit name.

i had the same problem.the actual answer is snapd.apparmor.service without any space while copying it. its better to type the answer.