Challenge Intel - Osint - Discussion

Much thanks to @felamos for this amazing challenge :smile:
I really enjoyed it and the challenge has no dark spots like other osint challenges

Once you will find out how to do it, you will exclaim “Aaaah! Wow, there it is!” :wink:

I get a “Website is no longer available message” when I click on a site I found as part of the search. Does anyone else get that? I can’t figure out if it’s part of the challenge or something’s broken.

Type your comment> @emilyj27 said:

I get a “Website is no longer available message” when I click on a site I found as part of the search. Does anyone else get that? I can’t figure out if it’s part of the challenge or something’s broken.

Where would you look at if the website is no longer available? :smile:

That was quite the journey! Thank you @Matgro for pulling me out of the weeds!

For the few that have solved this one can i get a nudge in the right direction. I found a second page with some hex not sure what my next step is from there

Type your comment> @LordKiba said:

For the few that have solved this one can i get a nudge in the right direction. I found a second page with some hex not sure what my next step is from there

Feel free to pm me and tell me what have you done so far

Btw I think you are on the correct website, but you have to find something else there :smile:

Please ignore this comment. Thank Matgro for great hint

Does this challenge involve some RE?

I’m intrigued - this seemed to be a very short-lived challenge with hardly solvers and it’s the only OSINT challenge I haven’t done yet so would like to crack it for completion sake. I seem to have got as far as others in this thread and am stuck about the same place as @emilyj27 - - I’ve got to the ‘other’ website with (the hex-like user) and found some files there but stuck at that point.
Any hints?

Type your comment> @emilyj27 said:

Does this challenge involve some RE?

Reverse Engineer? Nope, it’s OSINT :smile:

@JennyCide
I don’t want to give too much information here in public and spoiler things for other ppl, so feel free to PM if you are stuck.

Anyway I can say that anything you have found say pretty clear what it isn’t. But what if it is what it says it isn’t? :wink:

Thanks @Matgro - I DM’d @felamos who gave a me a similar hint before I saw your response but your help is very much appreciated - I’d already found “what it isn’t” but that had scared me a little - it took me a couple of seconds after getting the hint to slap my forehead and work out what the ‘total’ answer would be and get the flag.
Really liked this challenge.

I get an hex-like name and some file… I think I’m stuck on the point were something is what it says it isn’t. Please help, I don’t get the hint…

struggling after finding something called normal, then told that it is not something else… any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the challenge @felamos . It will be a pleasure to ask if you need any help.

Srsly, I feel completely lost right now. I am at the same point as other users and I just can’t figure it out what to do

um is the normal thing safe?

Type your comment> @dhart16 said:

struggling after finding something called normal, then told that it is not something else… any help would be appreciated.

I need help here too

@dhart16 said:

I was stuck on this part forever. you have everything you need to solve the challenge. it was a definite facepalm moment once I realized what I was missing.

Feel free to DM me if you need a nudge in the right direction.